Johnstone Supply/Balsan Group is a growing HVAC/R wholesaler in the Maryland/Washington DC area seeking to hire high energy level, customer oriented people. Part of a national cooperative, Johnstone Supply aims to be THE HVAC/R parts solution provider with strong knowledge base to our customers throughout our area. Looking for opportunity to stretch and grow with a company? This is the place!
Ensures the efficient operation of the store by accurately and safely receiving, processing, and storing incoming products, as well as, delivering these products to customers in a timely manner. Prepares, packs, and scans products for pick-up and delivery. Must be efficient, orderly, and have attention to detail and safety. Must be able to manage time well and multi-task all in compliance with company safe practices.
- Receives products into the computer system and stores them in a timely manner. Maintains accurate, clean, and orderly warehouse and store show room.
- Inspects products of shortages, damages and prepares appropriate documentation.
- Prepares, packs, and scans (as appropriate), and stages products for inter-store transfer and customer pick-up and delivery in accordance with established standards (e.g. hazardous materials). Ensures that packaging is sufficient to avoid damage.
- Processes documentation necessary to ship inter-store transfers and customer orders, including bills of lading, packing lists, small parcel manifests and other necessary documents.
- Loads delivery vehicles and assists customers with will call pickups.
- Operates hand trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, order pickers, and other equipment safely and in accordance with organizational procedures.
- May assist with customer service and sales, including answering phones, greeting customers, and servicing the sales counter.
- High School Diploma / GED required OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Clean driving record
- CDL license with HazMat endorsement
- 6 months experience in warehouse operations in a wholesale environment
- Experience driving a forklift
- Experience with computer or barcode driven inventory management systems
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401K match
- on-going training in HVAC product and services
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: