KDB is looking for talented individuals who enjoy challenges to join the team. We are currently seeking for a Virtual Design & Construction Specialist.
The role of Virtual Design & Construction Specialist at Kirlin Design Build is to help drive the vision, strategy, and implementation of our Design-Build Engineering and construction group by providing support and development for both hardware and software technologies for Networking, Building Information Modeling ( BIM ), Virtual Design and Construction (VD&C), Fabrication, Cloud Collaboration, Mobile, Emerging and Interoperability Technologies. Reporting directly to the Senior Virtual Design + Construction (VD&C) Technology Lead, the successful candidate will work directly with the project engineering, coordination and management staff. This individual will have in-depth knowledge, set-up and troubleshooting abilities for both hardware, networking, and software for building information modeling and virtual construction delivery technologies. The primary objective of this individual will be to work closely with the Senior VD&C Manager to deploy and customize Revit and Fabrication MEP, VD&C technology tools, engineering software, FabMEP database, methods, practices set by the leadership team at the project(s) level. It is critical for the successful candidate to be able to adapt rapidly and have a strong understanding of a wide array of design and engineering applications. At times the VD&C specialist will be asked to assist in the set-up and support of Kirlin field activities during project start-up and construction.
- Provide technical hardware and software installation, set-up and support for the Engineering discipline for all VD&C hardware and software technology including engineering applications.
- Manage software licenses and licenses servers for all VD&C and engineering related applications.
- Manage Fabrication MEP Database and strong knowledge with ITMS Libraries.
- Setup and ensure model performance / health, data integration and correct collaboration setups.
- Set-up, deploy and support engineering software applications.
- Work directly with the Senior VD&C Manager and the Kirlin IT group to identify technology Best Practices that will bring value to projects and improve the productivity of the engineering group.
- Work directly with the Senior VD&C Manager in helping to developing custom in house tools to improve BIM related design, coordination and fabrication processes and documentation.
- Minimum 5 years of advanced and progressive BIM and VDC technologies, exhibiting hands-on experience in the AEC business.
- Advanced skills in hardware and software setup as it pertains to the deployment of VD&C and engineering tools in an network environment.
- Advanced knowledge implementing BIM strategies beyond 3D modeling and clash-detection to include sophisticated data management and skills assisting organizations in collecting on the benefit of optimizing design process
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting Revit modeling/visibility problems
- Advanced understanding of BIM360, Collaboration for Revit (C4R), Bim360 Glue, Bim360 Field and Navisworks approaches for model collaboration
- Ability to follow team coordination discussion and display relevant model content/views
- Will speak up in a room to draw attention to issues and solutions
- Ability to help team members with parametric modeling and project parameters strategies in Revit
- Manage and support the creation of Project-driven Level of Development (LoD) criteria based on needs
- Strong knowledge of the design, engineering and construction industry working on complex projects that require very unique and in-depth multi-trade sophisticated coordination
- Advanced skills in navigating Navisworks model quickly in a front of large group (section tool, walk, rotate)Proven working knowledge of scope management, schedule and budget conformance and quality assurance
- Collaborative skills toward effective partnership in a highly creative design process and a fast-paced project development environment
- Advanced level in integration and support of project collaboration software such as Autodesk Navisworks, and Autodesk BIM 360: Glue with ability if needed to lead and manage complex modeling and coordination processes; technical understanding of various types of design and construction projects, typical systems, complex systems, building coordination and trade sequencing;
- Strong knowledge of model element qualification/estimation, field measurement/modeling technologies such as laser scanning
- Strong knowledge with Trimble Total Station to support field layout and hanger points.
- Working knowledge with VR/AR is a plus.
The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Tuition Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Advocating an integrated design-build model, Kirlin Design Build (KDB) combines in-house engineering and BIM coordination capabilities with self-performed construction, prefabrication, and commissioning to successfully provide customers a single-source solution. KDB's single-source, or turn-key, approach to design-build delivery is ideally suited for difficult and complex projects because the majority of services related to the project's mechanical scope of are performed in-house. By providing most of the services in-house, we can better control costs, coordination, schedule, and commissioning, while being more responsive to ownership concerns and requirements during the design and construction processes, the owner ultimately receives a better end result.