Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Utilities Engineer (Construction) with one of our top clients. As a Utilities Engineer (Construction), you will be supporting our client, one of the world’s largest engineer, procurement, construction (EPC), maintenance, and project management companies. The Utilities Engineer will join the project team supporting the construction of a large transit project.
The Utilities Engineer (Construction) will be responsible for providing construction engineering and technical support on utility relocations and new permanent utilities as the job progresses.
- Receiving and distribute project design documents, often supervising the construction engineering office.
- Managing the site survey and providing horizontal and vertical control.
- Assisting craftsmen, foreman, and project supervision with regard to construction-related issues identified on drawings.
- Performing surveillance/examinations, if required, to ensure that the Quality objectives are being met for the project.
- Performing constructability assignments in the office.
- Coordinating system completion and turnover with regard to start up activities for assigned systems.
- Providing technical interpretation of design documents in support of construction managers, superintendents, and contractors and provides specific expertise for problem solving activities.
- Coordinating the completion of construction activities in assigned systems and prepares punch lists to ensure the readiness of systems for release for turnover to the client or for start-up.
- Scheduling and coordinating the release of construction design documents in support of the construction schedules.
- Coordinating the preparation and revision of technical work procedures consistent with project design and construction requirements.
- Preparing and conducting training of assigned engineers.
Specific qualifications for the Utilities Engineer (Construction) role include:
- B.S. degree or higher in an engineering field or 10+ years’ experience in civil/highway construction.
- Minimum of five (5) years field experience working on utility relocations and new permanent utility projects.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Must have experience assisting and coordinating with all utilities and utility contractors.
- Utility background is a plus.
- Must have driver’s license and reliable transportation.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet! Contact us today!