Performs preventative maintenance and completes standard repairs on gasoline and diesel light and medium duty trucks. In addition to maintenance tasks, properly diagnoses and repairs braking systems, air conditioning, basic electrical systems (starting, charging, lighting), engine cooling systems, and steering. This position must be able to complete most repairs with little to no supervision and will perform more complex repairs under the direct supervision of the shop manager or supervisor.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Complete repair orders for maintenance work performed. Check completed repair order for accuracy. Time stamp forms to documented time worked on repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to effectively follow works direction and various tasks according to changing volume and business needs.
- Ability to interpret and understand basic documented standards and procedures including work orders and maintenance repair manuals. This includes adherence to recognized safety requirements and industry labor time standards.
- Ability to act as a resource for diagnosing and completing standard repairs.
- Individual accountability and strong attention to detail to consistently meet and exceed work quality standards. Completes all necessary paperwork and data entry as required.
- Follows direction by management and higher level technicians
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical school graduate is a plus.
- Minimum of four years automotive & diesel truck maintenance experience.
- ASE Certifications are a plus for technical level or obtain 2 within 24 months as a condition of employment.
- Valid Driver's License along with a good driving record is required and all candidates must be able to pass a background check and a drug test.
- Must posses all tools required for truck maintenance and most repairs.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with and around hazardous materials.
- Ability to effectively follow work direction and vary tasks according to changing volume and business needs.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- Individual accountability and strong attention to detail to consistently meet and exceed work quality standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform day-to-day physical tasks involving moderately demanding work including: standing, kneeling, crawling, turning, and pushing or lifting moderately heavy objects.
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information on this posting has been designed to advertise the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to do their job. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. This posting serves as an advertisement of an open position only and does not qualify as a job description.
Keywords diesel technician bus technician mechanic van repair truck repair diesel technician