We are looking for an experienced truck driver to operate a dump truck and other related trucks requiring a Commercial Driver's License (CDL). This position is based at our Shop & Yard in Upper Marlboro, MD.
- Active Class-B or Class-A CDL.
- Current DOT Medical Card (or able to obtain DOT Medical Card).
- Able to pass pre-employment drug test. NOTE: This position is subject to federal regulations for drug/alcohol testing, as well as company policy.
- 1 or more years of experience in operating a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) hauling materials. PREFERRED: At least 3 years.
- Satisfactory driving record (must be able to be underwritten by insurer and meet company requirements).
- Able to pass road test demonstrating ability to do pre- and post-trip inspections, operate a CMV safely, and secure loads.
- Satisfactory DOT background check.
- Able to assist with loading and unloading materials by hand, as needed.
- Ability to drive throughout Maryland, DC, Virginia.
- Strong knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions, etc.)