Optimized Thermal Systems, Inc. is growing steadily to meet the ever increasing needs and interests of HVAC&R research, experimentation, and development. Our vision is to transform the way thermal systems are designed and developed, freeing engineers to do what they do best: create and innovate. We do this by:
- Developing, verifying and validating highly goal oriented simulation tools;
- Integrating with multi-objective optimization, analysis and visualization of the entire product design space; and
- Establishing long-term collaboration with select customers so that we thoroughly understand their research needs and can be most productive in minimizing the time to market for new designs.
OTS is looking for a full-time thermal engineer to take a primary role on consulting and software development projects in the air-conditioning and refrigeration industry. Projects may range from analyzing customer-specific system applications, developing/utilizing software analysis tools, and conducting market and industry research to solve unique customer challenges.
Core Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze heat transfer and energy conversion components and systems including, but not limited to, heat exchanger design; commercial and residential refrigeration systems; heat pumps; and, other residential and commercial building cooling systems and applications.
- Utilize in-house, commercial, and custom developed software to provide customer solutions.
- Develop, review, and edit project reports.
- Assist with developing proposals and new business leads.
- Maintain and grow existing customer contacts and relations.
- Extensive knowledge about heat transfer and energy conversion systems is a must.
- Ability to independently learn new engineering analysis tools and apply them to projects.
- Previous research and development experience is requested, but not required.
- Software development and programming experience is requested, but not required.
- Mechanical Engineering degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree.
- Ph.D. or P.E. preferred, but not required.
- Job Location: Beltsville, MD
- Type: Full-Time Position
- Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
- Benefits: Fully covered health insurance; short and long term disability insurance; retirement plan contribution 3% of salary; 2 days/month accrued time off, University of Maryland holiday schedule observed for all employees.
*Serious applicants only. Please do not contact this company about other services, products or commercial interests, including recruitment services.*