Hello jobseeker! We are Freedom Consulting Group. Here, employees have the freedom to spread their creative wings. With a team of experienced leaders and top-tier talent, we’ve worked hard to establish ourselves as the premier technology company serving the Intelligence Community. At Freedom, your brain is always in style.
Category: Technical Writer
Title: Technical Writer, Level 1 (09-5034)
Location(s): Positions Available in Maryland
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with appropriate agency Polygraph
Requirements: Immediate OpeningsResponsibilities:
Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.Qualifications:
Two (2) years experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Associate’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Two (2) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for an Associate’s degree.
Shall possess the following capabilities:
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Work on all phases of documentation
Desired experience with JIRA, SharePoint, MS-Office products such as Word, Power Point, Excel and Visio, able to work in fast paced environment and the ability to work independently with some guidance.