Reports To: Division Manager
Status: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
Primary Function: Construction scheduling, resource loading, and supervision of field
- Productivity and Safety Responsibility of Multiple Projects – 60%
- Ensure optimal use of all resources, specifically the crew and equipment, across multiple projects.
- Draw from experience and strong technical ability to supervise, manage and produce efficient quality work.
- Simultaneously maintain the big picture perspective, working with PM’s to make necessary labor and resource adjustments to meet schedules and budgets.
- Prioritize your time, ensuring physical presence (be on jobs) as needed.
- Responsible for safety on jobs.
- Stage and set up jobs based upon resources and budget.
- Responsible for QA & QC daily job reports ad “us-builts”. Recognize and effectively communicate how actions in the field impact the productivity of projects and escalate issues when necessary to overcome obstacles and keep plans on target
- Leadership and Management – 20%
- Provide fair and consistent coaching of labor.
- Manage the foremen and field crews on projects.
- Lead by example; discipline where and when required. Provide proper and proactive discipline and documentation of foreman, employees and drivers.
- Develop foremen to their highest and best use.
- Identify and mentor crew leaders with high potential for growth.
- Take responsibility for your own professional development, communicating with your manager to plan and implement your annual professional development goals and schedule to achieve your goals.
- Hiring and train crews, communicating with Human Resources and sourcing candidates from word of mouth in the field, etc.
- Communication and Relationship Management – 20%
(long term contracts may require more)
- Use strong and effective communication skills to communicate at many levels, for day to day responsibilities, problem-solving, estimating, planning, change orders and execution of work.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships through communication, solving issues, serving as the “go-to” person on the projects.
- Recognizing and communicate additional opportunities.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Four (4) year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years supervisory experience in similar construction type
- Construction scheduling, cost control, and ability to supervise large groups
- A solid understanding of Lean Six Sigma methodology desired