For over 65 years, the Magnolia family of companies has been serving the residents and businesses of the Washington and Baltimore Metropolitan areas. Started as a small partnership in 1950, the company has grown through an unwavering philosophy that there is nothing more important than providing a quality product and a service resulting in complete customer satisfaction. Today the Magnolia Companies consist of Joseph J. Magnolia, Inc. and Magnolia Plumbing, Inc. and operate out of multiple locations, dispatching approximately 200 service and construction vehicles throughout the Washington and Baltimore Region.
Magnolia Plumbing, Inc. is currently looking for Storm-water Management Apprentices in the Laurel, MD Office. The primary responsibility in this position is to provide assistance to the Stormwater Operators in the process of System Maintenance (water, sewer, stormwater). This an entry level position with room and opportunity to grow.
- Helps repair water, sewer, and Stormwater pipes;
- Serves as a helper or assistant to skilled crafts workers;
- Holds and places material and makes tools and materials available to skilled workers;
- Performs a wide variety of similar tasks in assigned area;
- Occasionally operates municipal vehicles and equipment, and such machines as air compressors, water pumps. Pneumatic tools, and similar public works equipment;
- Operates equipment/tools and uses chemicals/cleaning agents in compliance with safety policies/procedures; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work in confined space under all OSHA standards.
- Knowledge of the principles & techniques of construction and general maintenance activities;
- Knowledge of the types and skill in the safe and proper operation of common hand tools, materials, and standard equipment used in construction, maintenance, and repair work;
- Skill in following routes throughout the city;
- Skill in performing manual work requiring dexterity and extensive strenuous physical exertion and prolonged exposure during adverse weather conditions and prolonged periods of walking, standing, and repetitious lifting;
- Skill in following oral and written instructions;
- Skill in communicating tactfully and courteously with the public;
- Skill in communicating orally and in writing; and
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and the public.
- At least one (1) year experience in a related field a plus.
- Satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test, and pre-employment paperwork.
- 401K matching
- Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance