eOriginal is a leading financial technology company specializing in Digital Transaction Management. Recently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in North America by Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500, we’ve helped hundreds of companies gain a competitive edge in the digital age. eOriginal guarantees trusted transactions of digital financial assets for all parties from the borrower to the secondary market. Our proven platform provides certainty in how these digital assets are created and maintained, delivering the confidence, visibility and compliance lenders and buyers need. As a pioneer in the Digital Transaction Management space with exciting plans for growth, eOriginal is currently seeking the industry’s best and brightest to join our team.
Sr. Product Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a Sr. Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new products based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must also exhibit a high degree of professionalism in your work and interaction with others.
You will be responsible for working with various stakeholders to define product release requirements, the product vision, key milestones defined by critical functionality and the requirements that comprise each Sprint and each release. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
• Full lifecycle application development, with emphasis on agile development (scrum, sprints, incremental design) methodologies.
• Understands appropriate design, development, and testing methodologies to ensure a quality software product.
• Maintains required technical/professional knowledge; keeps abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise; use this expertise to help develop plans and strategies to introduce new technology when appropriate; recommend and develop innovations which enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage.
• Use a structured approach to analyzing and resolving complex problems; secures and evaluates relevant data from appropriate sources and trends and identifies key issues and relationships to determine the critical issues relative to a problem; develops effective conclusions and comprehensive recommendations.
• Sets priorities and allocates proper amounts of time to assigned activities. Maintains an awareness of interrelationships among activities. Maintains an organized approach and meets or exceeds agreed upon time and quality standards for end work product.
• Develops alternative courses of action and makes decisions based on logical assumptions and which reflect factual information.
• Develops documentation relative to technical aspects to facilitate current support, development, upgrades, or migrations.
• Builds confidence in the eOriginal organization and the business benefits and integrity of its products and services.
• Maintains the confidentiality of eOriginal strategies, plans and other proprietary information.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Strong familiarity with Agile principles, Sprint planning practices, product refinement and story estimation.
• Familiarity with object oriented methodologies, principles, practices, and modeling.
• Familiarity with REST API concepts and terminology
• Knowledge and understanding of multi-tier architectures.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment.
• Strong leadership skills to help drive requirements gathering with stakeholders from numerous teams.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong familiarity with developing business cases and roadmaps that support the business strategy, product vision, and product goals.
• N-tier J2EE environments using any of IBM Websphere, BEA/Oracle Weblogic, or JBoss
• Hands on experience with Model-View-Control Architecture (MVC) based applications (e.g. Struts and Spring framework)
• Familiarity with RDBMS concepts
• Experience working in product teams that support business high-volume transactional systems is a strong plus
• Understanding of Web Services (REST, WSDL)
• Understanding of electronic document delivery and electronic vaulting.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or related discipline or equivalent work and course experience in lieu of degree.