Don't miss your chance to be part of a GREAT team!
We are a well-established construction company located in Prince George’s County, Maryland and are seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our team. The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, benefits administration, performance management; onboarding; policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
This is your opportunity to rise and lift your career to new heights as you help us in re-building DC’s aging infrastructure. Come be a part of our family, our efficient Lean Six Sigma production philosophy, and our unmatched reputation. Together we can build history!
ATTITUDE, APTITUDE, and AMBITION
- If your definition of "game night" means figuring out how to create a bigger and better way using less resources, we want to talk to you…
- If you thrive in a whirlwind environment, we want to talk to you…
- If you a top talent looking for an incredible opportunity to learn and grow, we want to talk to you…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personal; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Participates in developing and delivering department goals, objectives and systems.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolutions, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluations of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintains all employee an applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Maintains, updates and distributes the employee phone list.
- Ensures compliance with I-9 employment eligibility.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years HR mgmt. experience, preferably in construction industry.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and effectively resolve problems or issues with minimal oversight. A self starter.
We offer YOU:
- A competitive base salary to commensurate with experience.
- Excellent comprehensive employee benefits – to include attractive coverage options in medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. We also offer the following options to our employees: Aflac, EAP, FSA, PTO (vacation, sick, paid holidays) and 401(k).
- Professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to have high visibility in the company and run your own Risk Management department, reporting directly to an Executive of the company.
We are an industry leader in our market. We have become the leader through hard work and maintaining a great reputation. We are seeking a candidate that brings that type work ethic, enthusiasm, and managerial skills to build their department to achieve desired results. Our work environment is fast paced with continued growth fostered by our commitment to teamwork and the right candidate will thrive.
BF Joy, LLC... It's in Our DNA!