Hello jobseeker! We are Freedom Consulting Group. Here, employees have the freedom to spread their creative wings. With a team of experienced leaders and top-tier talent, we’ve worked hard to establish ourselves as the premier technology company serving the Intelligence Community. At Freedom, your brain is always in style.
Category: GIS & Software Development
Title: Software Engineer
Location(s): Position Available in Maryland
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with appropriate agency Polygraph
Requirements: Immediate Opening
Freedom Consulting Group is seeking a software engineer to support one of its growing prime contracts. In this position you will join a talented team of geospatial engineers and developers working on enterprise wide GIS web services and applications.
• Develop and maintain GIS systems including near real time processing, big data visualization and complex geospatial analysis
• Deploy and support an internal Enterprise GIS consisting of current Esri and open source offerings.
• Perform complex design, coding and testing of spatial applications using technologies including Java, .Net, C#, and Python
The ideal candidate will be an experienced GIS focused software development engineer who works well on their own, or as part of a team and is not afraid of a challenge.
- Four (4) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline.
- An additional four (4) years of software development experience on projects with similar software development processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with the customer or stakeholder to define, document, and implement system requirements.
- The ability to create and execute test cases for peer code testing.
Shall possess the following capabilities:
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Experience with the following technologies:
- Geospatial tools and APIs, Desired
- Windows OS, Required
- SQL, Required
- Unix/Linux OS, Required
- JAVA, C#, .NET or C++, Required
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Desired
- DoJo Service or Similar Technologies, Desired
- Python, Desired
- HTML, Desired
- CSS, Desired
- JSP, Desired
- AJAX, Desired
- Spring framework, Desired
- JEE technologies, Desired
- Developing Web Services (SOAP and REST), Required
- XML tools (e.g., XPATH,XQUERY, DOM,SAX, XSLT), Desired
- IIS, Desired
- APACHE, Desired
- CASPORT, Required
- Public Key Infrastructiure (PKI), Required