MOSAIC is seeking a Software Engineer in the Annapolis Junction area.
Develop, maintain, and enhance signal processing software (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems).
Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
Resolves software problem reports.
Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
Works individually or as part of a team.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on similar project processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s
- Minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Designing, coding, testing, and debugging software written in Java, and C or C++
- Scripting languages such as PERL, PYTHON, BASH, or TCL ECLIPSE and/or NETBEANS IDE
- Java Messaging System (JMS), Apache Service Mix, or equivalent enterprise messaging technologies
- Working experience using a J2EE container
- Must have active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
Preferred Special Qualifications:
- Working knowledge (completion of college course or formal training on the subject matter or actual work experience) on at least three (3) of the following:
- Real-time processing and control,
- Digital signal processing,
- User Interfaces,
- Network protocols and systems,
- Data Flow Networks,
- Speech and Audio including Voice over IP (VoIP),
- Streaming technologies,
- Network and System Security
- Formal training or experience in software development using Agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management, Change Control, & Requirements tools such as JIRA & ClearQuest
- Tweaking Angular code; Hooking in Angular into Restful endpoints implemented in Java and write Java code to communicate with JSON controller returning results to GUI
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours of PTO
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability paid for by MOSAIC
- Term Life Insurance
- Training and Career Development Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Incentive Program
At MOSAIC Technologies Group each team member is a key player. MOSAIC provides consulting and technical services to Government and commercial clients in the areas of management, mission and technology. We know the value of our talent, and we work to provide challenging opportunities for each member that will cultivate careers as well as develop people. Our familial environment, competitive salary and benefits are a few of the ways that we take care of our people. If you believe in supporting your community, growing your career and working with committed colleagues then join us. MOSAIC wants you in the family.