Optimized Thermal Systems, Inc. has a single office in Beltsville, Maryland and is growing steadily to meet the ever increasing needs and interests of HVAC&R research, experimentation, and development. Our vision is to transform the way thermal systems are designed and developed, freeing engineers to do what they do best: create and innovate. We do this by:
- Developing, verifying and validating highly goal oriented simulation tools;
- Integrating with multi-objective optimization, analysis and visualization of the entire product design space; and
- Establishing long-term collaboration with select clients so that we thoroughly understand their research needs and can be most productive in minimizing the time to market for new designs.
OTS is looking for a full-time engineer to take a primary role on both internal and client-based software development projects for the air-conditioning and refrigeration industry. Projects may range from analyzing customer-specific system applications, to modifying existing tools to incorporate new features, to developing/utilizing new software analysis tools built from scratch in a variety of platforms.
Core Responsibilities will include:
- Software programming for new and existing tools to be used for analysis purposes. This includes the development, maintenance and upgrades .Analyze heat transfer and energy conversion components and systems including, but not limited to, heat exchanger design; commercial and residential refrigeration systems; heat pumps; and, other residential and commercial building cooling systems and applications.
- Utilize in-house, commercial, and custom developed software to provide customer solutions.
- Provide software support and follow up.
- Develop, review, and edit project reports.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Similar
- 3+ years experience in developing and testing Windows Desktop and/or Web Applications based on .NET Framework and the Microsoft Technology Stack. Specifically: Visual Studio 2010/2013, C#, .NET Framework, C/C ++/CLI, WinForms, MS SQL Server, ASP.NET WebForms/MVC.
- Cross platform application development.
- Experience in Agile Development, Software Engineering and Software Quality Control.
- Basic Knowledge of Networking, Cryptography, Computer Security, Windows Server Administration is a plus.
- Experience/knowledge of Mechanical Engineering, Heat Transfer, Energy Conversion Systems, Modeling & Simulation, Numerical Analysis, and/or Data Visualization is a plus.