NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) is a multi-award winning company founded in 1999. NETE is a full service Information Technology (IT) company dedicated to providing value focused services to the Federal Government and the Biomedical Research and Health IT Sector. NETE offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail oriented SharePoint Software Developer to join our dynamic team at Rockville, MD. If you want to learn, grow, and help then this is the job for you. We support a project/customer that "seeks to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic disease seeks fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce illness and disability.” What you do matters and has significant impact on the medical and scientific communities we serve. Your work here really matters and has real impact.
- Independently develop and maintain current and new web-based applications that are being developed using SharePoint front end and server side technologies.
- Ensure development of new systems as well as enhancements to existing systems are performed in a timely manner and according to project plans. Support of this task may include analysis, design, programming, configuration management and accessibility and vulnerability remediation and compliance.
- Perform unit testing, integration testing, production deployment, production validation etc.
- Collaborate with client and stakeholders to understand detailed technical requirements and implement solutions to address those.
- Create Technical Design Documents and support creation of additional technical project documents such as RTMs, Test Cases etc.
- Conduct technical demos to stakeholders
- Assess existing systems and provide recommendations for technical improvements and innovation.
- Ensure end-users and stakeholders are satisfied with the delivered software. Also ensure the application end-user interface is clear and easy to use, and the delivered software works correctly and meets the user’s business needs.
- Perform analysis to ensure software changes have minimal impact to existing systems.
- Ensure delivered software meets client standards and Federal Information Systems Management Act (FISMA) requirements and follows applicable National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards for information security controls as well as best coding practices.
- Delivered software meets all client standards, including compliance with published standard architecture(s), completion of required system documentation, compliance with Section 508 accessibility requirements and compliance with client Security Assessment and Authorization standards.
- Support the requirements analysts to create requirement documents.
- Work tester and configuration manager (CM) to deploy releases.
- Work with PM to create project schedules.
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Prepare software development documents.
- Collaborate with the server team to make sure new releases and patches to keep the .NET, SharePoint/.NET or any other Web development application current with most recent releases and patches are properly implemented.
- Collaborate with the server team to make sure changes to the web development tool configuration and any other changes that could impact the client’s information systems are properly implemented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Engineering Science, Information Technology or related discipline; Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of professional development experience using SharePoint .NET technologies with C#, CSS, and ASP.NET/ASP.NET MVC.
- Hands-on experience with Visual Studio .NET, Visual SourceSafe and IIS Server.
- Good problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills.
- Understanding of the following concepts/tools/architectures: Relational Database Design, Transact-SQL Stored Procedures, Configuration Management, Application Integration, Component Reuse, Prototyping, Use Cases, and Web Services.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM.
- Extensive experience with implementing workflow.
- Experience implementing and deploying custom SharePoint features to enhance out of the box SharePoint functionality.
- Ability to convert business requirements into technical solutions using the appropriate and applicable SharePoint web part(s) using a combination of workflows and web development technologies.
- SharePoint development experience using Windows Workflow Foundation, InfoPath Forms, and Excel Services.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Visual Studio for implementing local and enterprise-wide enhancements and features.
- Must have a good understanding of structured and Object Oriented Design, web technologies, relational databases and T-SQL Language Syntax.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD), preferred.
- Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) development experience, preferred.
- Experience with Code-First development using Entity Framework 4.
- Must be keen on design patterns.
- Comfortable with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and working with N-Tier architectures.
- Excellent customer focus and oral/written communication skills.
- Understanding of software testing and the need to produce first-class software.
- Must be flexible to change and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC), a plus.
- MS.NET Certification, a plus.
- Some knowledge of ColdFusion or experience porting ColdFusion applications to .NET technologies highly preferred.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Resident preferred.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
NETE is a multi-award winning company as well as offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses; and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.