The incumbent maintains work schedules for, and dispatches, all field service personnel to ensure that customer commitments are met. S/he receives service requests from both customers and internal employees, and continually adjusts schedules and resources to close out requests with successful resolution.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a schedule in the system for each field rep that reflects current and future assignments.
- Continually rearranges schedules and dispatches field reps as new requests are received.
- Dispatches field reps to satisfy the needs of a call, based on the skills required and the nature, location, and urgency of the call, while simultaneously maintaining cost effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Understands all service products offered by the Company, and maintains a working knowledge of what is covered under each type of maintenance contract offered by the Company.
- Ensures all service reports are received in time to be processed according to established policies.
- Audits service reports to verify billable work and confirm that work performed under fixed price contracts is coded correctly, based on an analysis of customer contracts.
- Completes the payroll audit of service reports and forwards to payroll for further processing, per policy.
- Informs customers of any changes to committed schedules in a timely, professional manner.
- Escalates any problematic customer or field rep issues to management for resolution.
- Purchases and expedites materials, equipment, and parts in an expeditious, cost effective manner.
- Establishes and grows positive working relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors alike.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the geographical layout of the service area, in order to make logical decisions regarding the deployment of field reps.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of customer service call handling experience.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Must be well-organized, analytical, and attentive to detail.
- Strong decision making, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- College degree in a related field.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a part of our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we also take affirmative action to recruit, hire, and advance qualified females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.