Regularly and customarily performs clerical or other office work of types which require the exercise of judgment and individual initiative. Assists in assigning work, and maintains accountability and assists in reviewing employee performance. Work of this grade might include any one or more of the following illustrative duties or other work of comparable character or difficulty, with related and incidental work:
1. Verifies, checks, or audits complicated work originating in the same or other departments.
2. Routinely assesses the needs of external and internal customers to determine a best approach to resolution (examples of this are but not limited to the following: corresponds with customers either personally, by telephone, or by written/electronic correspondence).
3. Routinely supports, maintains, and coordinates the work from a variety of sources to provide quality service to other departments.
4. Daily usage of applicable corporate computer systems.
5. Routinely demonstrates the principles of safety, diversity, teamwork and development/training of co-workers.
6. Communicates in all directions as a task oriented employee who routinely works independently.
7. Supports the emergency restoration efforts as set forth in the Storm Restoration Plan.
8. Directs and instructs service associates as required.
9. Performs clerical duties as required to meet business needs.
The above is indicative of the grade of work required of a Service Associate. In addition, assignment will be made to any other work of equal or lesser skill within the capabilities of the individual, to meet operating needs.
Experience demonstrating skill performing general administrative duties simultaneously (for example filing, answering phones, making copies, faxing, sorting mail, sending mail, checking/responding to email).
Experience demonstrating skill operating office machines such as calculator, copier, computer, printer, fax machine, scanner, telephone, etc.
Experience demonstrating skill performing data entry into a computer.
Experience demonstrating skill resolving customer complaints and issues.
Experience demonstrating skill communicating orally and in writing with others internal and external to the organization.
Experience demonstrating skill ensuring accuracy and being accountable for work (e.g., checking and verifying work).
Experience demonstrating skill performs mathematical calculations (for example, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, averages).
Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
Ability and willingness to work in teams.
Ability and willingness to sit and input data into the computer for prolonged periods of time.
Ability and willingness to perform a second role in accordance with Pepco Holdings Emergency Preparedness Guidelines for all employees
Ability and willingness to work overtime and during emergencies with little or no notice, as required.
Ability and willingness to work independently and accurately under tight deadlines.
Ability and willingness to prioritize and multi-task work.
Ability and willingness to travel to various locations as required.
Ability and willingness to adhere to safety regulations and policies as required.
Must successfully pass a Criminal History Background Check which consists of a 7-year criminal records check for felony convictions.
Must successfully pass a medical screening to include drug test.
Ability and willingness to maintain confidential information.
Must possess a valid driver's license.
Must successful pass qualification test.
Knowledge of utility rates and tariffs.
Experience demonstrating skill researching and interpreting customer information, applications and/or inquiries or requests.
Experience demonstrating skill processing customer work orders or new applications.
Experience demonstrating skill supporting emergency restoration efforts.
Experience demonstrating skill interpreting and understanding union contracts.
Experience demonstrating skill using Pepco Holdings Customer Relation Management and Billing (CRM&B) system, WMIS, and/or SAP.
Experience demonstrating skill applying for Government Agency permit requests using online permitting systems (eg. Public Space permit requests from DDOT, Montgomery County, and/or Prince George's County)
Experience demonstrating skill working with Construction plans.