At Haines, our people are the backbone of our operation, and they are like family. We believe that happy employees lead to happy customers…and there is no better time to be at Haines than right now! We are on a new journey of growth and change—building on our strong heritage and the commitment of all our associates—and we are looking for talented, hard-working and loyal people to join our distribution family.
Founded in 1874 on the company’s core values of providing customers with superior service and products, Haines is among the oldest privately held companies in America. It is the largest floor covering Distribution Company in the country with operations covering the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast.
The people at Haines are our most important asset. We provide competitive salaries, generous benefits, a business casual work environment and fun employee outings and events. Most importantly, we offer opportunities. At Haines, our Mission is to provide innovative customer solutions by hiring, developing, empowering and retaining talented people, developing strong customer and supplier relationships and conducting ourselves in a manner consistent with our core values in all our business interactions while also providing a fair return for our shareholders. We accomplish this through our values…We are Innovative, People-Focused, Trustworthy, Customer Focused and have a Commitment to Excellence.
The Manager of Demand Planning will be responsible for leading and executing the organization’s procurement plan for Haines, working closely with the company’s leadership. The Manager of Demand Planning will be responsible for facilitating the planning process, driving improvements to the process, and aligning the final plan with management. Success in this role will depend on supply chain planning expertise coupled with strong ability to collaborate with both internal and external partners including Sales & Marketing, large customer, Suppliers, Transportation, and Warehouse Operations, etc.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Define the vision and goals of demand planning and its expected benefits, the format and objectives of demand planning meetings, the metrics used to measure the success of the procurement process, and the strategy for continuous improvement.
- Keep the demand planning process on track, ensuring continuous engagement and execution by all stakeholders. This includes:
- Prepare for and facilitate demand planning meetings, as well as ensure that decisions from the meetings are being executed and work with executives on required escalation items.
- Have robust demand and supply reviews that incorporate product lifecycle plans. Understand and communicate the root causes and financial implications for any gap that exists between top-down and bottom-up plans.
- Report metrics to identify progress. When progress lags objectives, identify root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Conduct what-if analyses to create alternate scenarios for reconciling demand, supply, and financial plans. Explain the risks and upside associated with the different scenarios.
- Be the champion of the demand planning process and work with stakeholders to demonstrate the logic behind and value of demand planning. Work with the procurement team to monitor adherence, resolve challenges, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement. Skillfully employ change management to achieve these objectives.
- Become the demand planning thought leader for Haines. Benchmark to understand best practice and then work cross-functionally to tailor the demand planning process so that it is appropriate for Haines and enables the enterprise to achieve its objectives.
- Partner with Supply Chain, IT, and other business units to lead the selection of technology solutions to support demand planning.
- Lead supply chain planning improvement initiatives across Haines when needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Supply Chain experience in roles of increasing responsibility, including demand planning leadership and process execution for a $500M+ business. Global experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience that includes leading cross-functional teams and supply chain continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience in demand planning and supply planning in an ERP environment is preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering results and successfully engaging stakeholders in demand planning and supply chain planning.
- Supply Chain and Six Sigma expertise gained through training, certification, and/or industry associations is strongly preferred (e.g., APICS CSCP, Gartner Membership, edX courses, Green Belt certification).
- Highly skilled in building valued partnerships with stakeholders, communicating effectively, influencing senior leaders, leading change, applying emotional intelligence, managing projects, and understanding analytics.
- Able to travel domestically up to 30%.
- Business, Financial, End-to-End Supply Chain, & Analytical Acumen
- Manages Complexity
- Plans and Aligns
- Situational Adaptability
- The highest ethical and moral standards
- High levels of curiosity and learning agility
- Strong work ethic, “can do” attitude, and “roll-up your sleeves” mentality
- Transparent, fact-based, and oriented toward process, action, and results
- Does things “the right way”
- Passionate and energetic with the ability to motivate and inspire
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Haines are considered property of Haines and are not subject to payment of agency fees.