Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you have a passion for delivering innovative solutions and driving business results through marketing and sales strategies? Do you want to work for a fast-paced, fast-growing, industry leading company? Are you invigorated when you bring joy to someone’s life? If so, Closet America has an exciting opportunity for you.
We are in search of a highly motivated Sales and Marketing Director. The ideal candidate will have a background in driving an innovative sales and/or marketing team and an obsession for moving fast and making a significant impact. Sound like you? Then read on!
Who is Closet America?
Closet America, a leading home professional closet organization retailer and manufacturer headquartered in Lanham, Maryland is looking for an innovative, confident and results-driven Sales and Marketing Director. This role is a critical part of the company’s leadership team and is expected to help shape the future and ensure the company is ready to deliver on that vision.
What’s the position?
The Sales and Marketing Director role requires a unique blend of strategic leadership and tactical execution. Success is determined by leadership effectiveness, developing and driving strategy to ensure overall business objectives are met, all within an entrepreneurial culture.
Reporting to the President of Closet America, The Sales and Marketing Director will operate as a strategic and solutions-oriented business leader proactive partnering with key functions to deliver on overall business objectives.
- As a strategic thought leader and executor, you’ll play a meaningful role in developing and implementing strategies for Closet America.
- As an engaging people leader, you’ll lead a sales and marketing team and build trusting and effective relationships with all functions in the organization.
- As an individual contributor, you’ll develop various marketing strategies to generate leads which meet company’s sales quotas and profitability.
What’s the position’s primary responsibilities?
- Develops marketing and sales strategies and approaches for organization’s products and services and partnering with other functions to ensure alignment to meet company’s goals.
- Leads and manages the company's marketing and sales departments, ensuring achievement of the company's strategic business objectives, both short and long range as well as in new and emerging markets.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing operating budgets, ensuring that marketing spend and cost per lead meet or exceeds plan, adjusting as required to ensure maximum ROI.
- Focus on continuous process and quality improvement to deliver seamless operations for the employee and customer experience as it applies to the sales and marketing departments.
Marketing & Sales Management
- Analyses trends, data, demographics, pricing strategies, and other information that can potentially improve marketing and sales performance.
- Owns marketing planning and execution within the written, print, design, and digital realms, including (but not limited to): social media, print, radio, SEM, SEO, home shows, direct mail, email, PPC/AdWords, Google analytics, direct response, etc..
- Drive specific, tangible results in identifying and marketing prospective customers, helping to generate cost effective, trackable leads for the company's sales goals and initiatives each and every single day.
- Ensure that the issued leads needed for sales department are always fulfilled, taking corrective action to guarantee results.
- Utilize metrics-based approach and reporting with all marketing and sales strategies and tactics.
- Maintains and improves Contact Center operations by constantly evaluating lead sources, call campaign effectiveness, and staff performance; ensuring that the call center exceeds its daily/weekly/monthly lead generation goals through inbound and outbound calls.
- Manage relationships and negotiate contracts and service agreements with third party vendors and partners, as applicable.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against current and developed processes, documentation, and plans to determine effectiveness, addressing as required.
- Oversees the Closet America's design process to ensure an accurate and seamless design process, ensuring that the end product exceeds customer expectations.
- Directs the development, maintenance, and enforcement of organizational job scheduling standards and processes to ensure organizational objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Assists Customer Service, Sales, and Operations in troubleshooting orders that require special handling.
- Recruit, develop, and manage staff to support all departmental functions.
- Provide skills assessment and ongoing development of in home sales staff by identifying appropriate training to fill skill gaps, creating scripts, ensuring consistent excellent customer experiences reflective of our brand and with a focus on constant innovation and improvement.
- Provide skills assessment and ongoing training to marketing staff, identifying appropriate training resources to fill skill gaps, with a focus on constant innovation and improvement.
- Oversees the management and development of Closet America's field marketing department; evaluating show and event lead quality as well as designing and implementing a canvassing team.
Other duties as assigned.
What do we require in this position?
Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field; 10+ year's sales and marketing experience, and at least 5 years of supervisory experience required; any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Preferred in-home sales experience
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Experience with SAP or similar ERP as well as CRM system.
Licenses and Certifications: Ability to obtain/maintain Sales License.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, communicate and build relationships at all levels.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results-driven, rapidly changing environment.
- Competitive Spirit: Our team is driven, goal-oriented and always up for a challenge.
- Must demonstrate a strong business acumen - understanding sales and marketing’s role as a driver of business results, ability to analyze data to deliver on business results ensuring it not only meets the business requirements for today but also the future.
- Must possess knowledge of critical sales and marketing best practices and how to implement the right practices pragmatically.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and develop a team of professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy, concern and genuineness in customer interactions and ensures customer needs are met and service expectations are exceeded.
- Demonstrates ability to approach problems in an innovative manager, offering practical solutions.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to deliver results that meet or exceed expectations and delight our customers.
- Accepts the concept of competing against measurable standard of performance; is energized by accountability and by being measure by results.
- Displays behaviors that maintains, and builds, the company’s reputation for ethical dealings with its customers, employees, and community.
- Medical Plan with HSA
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401k with Immediately Vested Company Match
- Educational Assistance
- Free gym access
- Company-paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Additional Voluntary Benefits
- On the job training and professional development