We are looking to hire a Safety Manager immediately for a Specialty Foundations firm in the Metro DC area. Candidate must possess excellent communication skills.
- Develop, implement, and promote company Safety & Health programs
- Provide necessary Leadership and inter-department collaboration to ensure profitable and successful Safety outcomes
- Develop and monitor Loss Prevention Action Plan
- Re-assess and modify internal OSHA programs
- Develop Key Performance Indicators to evaluate effectiveness of safety program using established goals
- Manage Safety Awards program
- Serve as lead on external Safety Award and Recognition projects
- Implement proper record management system for all lines of liability insurance, worker’s compensation claims management, and OSHA compliance reporting
- Develop leading-edge methods and procedures to maintain awareness and ensure compliance in the regulatory environment
- Report to proper authority as required for all general liability, worker’s compensation, auto liability, and OSHA incidents
- Lead tracking and investigation details of accidents and injuries, and ensure corrective actions are implemented and tracked through close claim management
- Coordinate all necessary safety training
- Act as liaison between the company and the insurance claims departments, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders
- Manage restricted and modified return to work for employees and coordinate with insurance company, human resources, and employee.
- Leadership experience; analytic and organization skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or related
- 5+ years of relevant safety and health experience in the construction and/or engineering industry
- 1 year in facilitating safety/quality related training events.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local regulations applicable to operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite