Please Complete BFJ Pre-Employment Assessment
Title: Safety Coordinator
Reports to: General Manager
Status: Regular, Full Time, Non-exempt
This is your opportunity to rise and lift your career to new heights as you help us in re-building DC’s aging infrastructure. Come be a part of our family, our efficient Lean Six Sigma production philosophy, and our unmatched reputation. Together we can build history!
We are a well-established construction company located in Prince George’s County, Maryland and are seeking an experienced SAFETY COORDINATOR to join our team. Joining our company as a Safety Coordinator is an opportunity to have high visibility in the organization, reporting directly to the General Manager. This opportunity will enable to you gain valuable risk management, business, and management experience, as well as the opportunity to prosper, develop within the construction industry, as well as participate on committees and in trade associations.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform field safety audits to ensure all employees are compliant with company policies, practices, and are performing appropriately to ensure “At-Risk” behaviors are identified and addressed.
- Participate in leading and coordinating activities and initiatives of the Safety Committee.
- Maintain OSHA Certification as an approved OSHA Instructor.
- Maintain KPIs to evaluate effectiveness of safety program, using established goals.
- Develop Implement and Promote Companies Safety & Health programs.
- Provide necessary Leadership and inter-department collaboration to ensure profitable and successful Safety outcomes.
- Manage Loss Prevention Action Plan. Lead the process of performing risk assessments of all processes and developing control points that will be monitored to ensure safety of field production employees.
- Reassess OSHA and EM385 programs annually and modify based on new and emerging information that impacts the field operations.
- Manage and enhance Production Safety Awards program insuring the program instills a companywide safety initiative and employee education/awareness goal.
- Serve as lead on (external) Safety Award and Recognition projects.
- Keeping accurate records and implementing proper record management system for all lines of liability insurance, workers compensation claims management, and OSHA compliance reporting.
- Maintain methods and procedures to maintain awareness and ensure compliance in the regulatory environment. Ensure company is on the leading edge of issues.
- Report to proper authority as required for all general liability, workers compensation, auto liability and OSHA incidents.
- tracking and investigation details of accidents and injuries, and insure corrective actions are implemented and tracked through close claim management
- Coordinate all necessary safety training both internal and external to include developing annual training schedules for all required employees. Will be the facilitator for much of the internal training sessions.
- Act as liaison between the company and the insurance claims departments, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders.
- Manage restricted and modified return to work for employees and coordinate with insurance company, human resources and employee.
- Other duties as required
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- A competitive base rate to commensurate with experience
- Paid Time Off: Vacation and Holidays
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Supplemental Insurance(s)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
BF JOY, LLC It’s in our DNA!