$30 - $40 per hour.
Join our world-class team of skilled roofers and build your career with true industry professionals!
Kalkreuth Roofing and Sheet Metal is one of the top 10 roofing contractors in the country and strives to maintain a progressive vision for the future. Kalkreuth specializes in complex commercial exterior envelope applications in various markets throughout the country. The company boasts an extensive project portfolio including clients in the automotive, chemical, government, education and healthcare industries. With a wealth of resources and an extensive construction industry network, Kalkreuth has the capabilities to complete any project according to specifications.
Perform lead, skilled journeyman level work involving application and repair of various types of roofing. Lead subordinates and responsible for satisfactory completion of tasks. Work is performed under general direction with much independence and is reviewed upon completion for conformity with established standards.
- Lead a crew to install roof systems efficiently and safely
- Providing regular coaching, training, evaluation and feedback
- Influence crew to work safely and be disciplined and efficient
- Examine roof and penetrations to plan jobs, and strategically assign and allocate work to crew members, taking their desires, skills and temperaments into consideration
- Communicate and manage job-specific safety plans prior to the start of every job, conducting job-site audits and making alterations as conditions change
- Be an active participant or leader of weekly safety meetings
- Perform installation duties as necessary
- Meet production and quality goals
- Plan daily work goals to complete jobs on time, striking an appropriate balance between speed and quality
- Manage work flow of crew and subcontractors
- Ensure quality and installation according to specifications and plans
- Keep projects on budget
- Solve field application problems with a minimum amount of supervision, notifying salesperson or supervisor when a specified installation is not possible
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Know when customers have communicated specific concerns or requests and make every effort to honor their instructions
- Manage job sites, equipment and materials
- Maintain a jobsite that complies with all safety guidelines
- Enforce safety regulations with everyone on a job site, including visitors and customers
- Inspect safety equipment and PPE before use each day
- Ensure roofs are safe and watertight at the end of each day, materials and equipment are stored safely and a fire watch is in place if necessary
- Exhibit exemplary responsiveness and personal leadership with all field and office personnel
- Communicate regularly with supervisor regarding work and personnel issues
- Supervise crew time sheets
- Record work performed daily
- Requisition materials and keep accurate materials and equipment reports
- Participate in operations and customer meetings as necessary
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED
- Four (4) years progressively responsible work experience in the roofing trade
- Completion of up to two (2) years of verifiable formal training in the trade (vocational, military, or indentured apprentice school). May be substituted for a like amount of the experience requirement.
- OSHA 30 Certification
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Excellent communication skills