eOriginal is a leading financial technology company specializing in Digital Transaction Management. Recently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in North America by Deloitte’s 2017 Technology Fast 500, we’ve helped hundreds of companies gain a competitive edge in the digital age. eOriginal guarantees trusted transactions of digital financial assets for all parties from the borrower to the secondary market. Our proven platform provides certainty in how these digital assets are created and maintained, delivering the confidence, visibility and compliance lenders and buyers need. As a pioneer in the Digital Transaction Management space with exciting plans for growth, eOriginal is currently seeking the industry’s best and brightest to join our team.
Quality Assurance Engineer
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Quality Assurance Engineer will perform necessary work to ensure that a defect free product is delivered to eOriginal customers. As a member of the Quality Assurance Team, this position will interact with the development team extensively and provide defect reporting, root cause analysis of defects, and preliminary work-around solutions.
• Develops test plans, test cases, and test suites based upon the requirements from design and technical specifications.
• Performs complex testing of products.
• Develops and maintains test harness code base utilizing:
o J2EE 1.7
o Ruby Watir WebDriver
• Plans, schedules, and implements automated testing projects.
• Creates defect reports that clearly identify issues discovered during testing.
• Assists technical team with cross-product and technical issues.
• Researches and implements new and improved testing methods, processes, tools, and test systems.
• Maintains required technical/professional knowledge:
o Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise
o Uses this expertise to help develop plans and strategies to introduce new technology when appropriate
o Recommends and develops innovations which enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage
• Uses a structured approach to analyze and resolve complex problems:
o Secures and evaluates relevant data from appropriate sources
o Identifies key data, relationships, and critical issues
o Develops effective conclusions and comprehensive recommendations
o Develops alternative courses of action and makes decisions based on logical assumptions and which reflect factual information
• Utilizes an organized time management process:
o Set priorities and allocates proper amounts of time to assigned activities
o Maintains an awareness of interrelationships among activities
o Meets or exceeds agreed upon time and quality standards
• Develops technical documentation used to facilitate current support, development, upgrade, or migration requirements.
• Builds confidence in the eOriginal organization and the business benefits of its products and services.
• Maintains the confidentiality of eOriginal strategies, plans, and other proprietary information.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Experience in product testing, development, or research
• Experience with Ruby Watir WebDriver
• Experience with Selenium or other Web Browser Automation Testing Utility
• Experience with enterprise class Java/J2EE software using any two of the following concepts:
o Model View Controller (MVC)/Struts architectures
o Java Server Pages (JSP)
o Enterprise Java Beans (EJB)
o Java Message Services (JMS)
o Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
o Extensible Markup Language ((XML)
• Experience installing and testing n-tier Java/J2EE environments (Solaris and/or Windows) using any of the following application servers:
• Experience with relational database management systems such as:
• Knowledge and understanding of multi-level (n-tier) architectures
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree