“To expand and grow the 1st Choice Integrated Building Systems Firm in the United States of America.”
The incumbent sells repair, replacement, upgrade, and retrofit projects to an existing customer base, and manages the installation of work sold, all within Company pricing and production standards. S/he meets with customers to determine expectations, surveys facilities, develops and engineers solutions, and estimates the costs associated with providing the solution. S/he understands the total range of Company offerings, assesses genuine interest, and and hands off opportunities to designated individuals when appropriate.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Redeems annual booking quota through the sale of renewable maintenance contracts and fixed price projects in assigned markets/territories at standard company pricing levels.
- Conducts follow-up on opportunities uncovered by sales reps to assist with customer development.
- Installs all work sold at, or above, booked gross margin levels.
- Maintains a knowledge of customer costs involved in owning, operating, and maintaining their facilities.
- Understands how various mechanical systems, components, and their control systems work, and leverages this expertise to provide related project recommendations to customers.
- Utilizes company-provided tools to accurately estimate the cost of all customer project recommendations.
- Presents professional proposals to customers on repair, replacement, upgrade, and retrofit project recommendations, with the goal of closing a sale.
- Participates in the renewal, salvage, collection, or escalation of contracts with existing customers.
- Acts as a team player and assists others in the Company in obtaining or retaining business when needed.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with fellow employees, prospects, customers, and vendors.
- Prepares and submits reports to management that detail selling/booking activity for the week, month, and year-to-date.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Corporate Code of Conduct in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the “Hearts & Minds” safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (We Care, We Strive for for Excellence, We Act with Integrity, We are Innovative, We are Competitive, and We are Accountable).
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment, and routinely utilizes standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, and filing cabinets.
- Work duties may regularly necessitate walk throughs of local job sites, during which the incumbent may utilize basic tools (measuring tape, screwdriver, wrench, etc.), and be intermittently exposed to the conditions typically associated with a construction site.
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, walk, hear, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- S/he may frequently be required to climb, stoop, crouch, crawl, reach, and/or perform repetitive motion.
- This is considered a light work position, which means possible exertion of up to twenty (20) pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to ten (10) pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This position may require up to 70% local travel, primarily to client offices/meetings and job sites.
- 4+ years of applicable selling experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the HVAC/controls industry.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel in particular).
- Aptitude for successfully negotiating with diverse audiences.
- Capacity to leverage communication/interpersonal skills to develop and enhance business relationships.
- College degree or advanced education preferred.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a part of our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we also take affirmative action to recruit, hire, and advance qualified females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.