We are a well-established construction company located in Prince George’s County, Maryland and are seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team. The Project Manager provides overall management direction to multiple projects, establishes project objectives, maintains liaison with prime client contacts and monitors all construction and financial activities.
This is your opportunity to rise and lift your career to new heights as you help us in re-building DC’s aging infrastructure. Come be a part of our family, our efficient Lean Six Sigma production philosophy, and our unmatched reputation. Together we can build history!
ATTITUDE, APTITUDE, and AMBITION
- If your definition of "game night" means figuring out how to create a bigger and better structure using less resources, we want to talk to you
- If you thrive in a whirlwind environment, we want to talk to you
- If you find enjoyment in trying to figure out how quickly an infrastructure was built, we want to talk to you
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of the project plans and specs
- Tracking/Review BFJ Crews and subcontractor’s quantities DAILY, check for accuracy, and progress entry into Viewpoint DAILY.
- Ensure proper cost tracking and productivity reporting for projects.
- Review of estimates for accuracy of quantities
- Review of subcontractor’s invoices for accuracy of quantities
- Coordinate with the Construction Manager and report progress of subcontractors.
- Review Budget/Cost/Production reports with Superintendent. Monitor progress to ensure maximum production is being met.
- Assist in maintaining the project submittal register
- To include review and approval of subcontractor submittals
- Maintain the project specific RFI log.
- Help in preplanning BFJ projects, developing budgets, creating project manuals/ foreman job books and short-term project scheduling.
- Review work in progress for quality and accuracy. Perform project completion QC Checklists.
- Manage and develop project needs summary and coordinate deliveries as needed.
- Obtain and submit all COI’s, CCIP, OCIP, DBE, CBE, etc. documentation for BFJ and its subcontractors.
- Manage project buyout process and BFJ Materials Staff.
- Maintain a project diary to include...
- Daily activity
- Weather Day Report
- Maintain project schedules (where applicable) to track delays, progress, and resources.
- Review submittals/ shop drawings for subcontractors prior to submission to owner.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- S. degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management, preferred/
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Desired 3-5 years of experience fully managing construction projects to include all aspects such as: scheduling, budgets, customer relations, change orders, and handling issues/problems that arise with exceptional resolution.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills are essential.
- Significant business skill required.
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills are mandatory.
We offer YOU:
- A competitive base salary to commensurate with experience.
- Excellent comprehensive employee benefits – to include attractive coverage options in medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. We also offer the following options to our employees: Aflac, EAP, FSA, PTO (vacation, sick, paid holidays) and 401(k).
- Professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to have high visibility in the company and run your own Risk Management department, reporting directly to an Executive of the company.
We are an industry leader in our market. We have become the leader through hard work and maintaining a great reputation. We are seeking a candidate that brings that type work ethic, enthusiasm, and managerial skills to build their department to achieve desired results. Our work environment is fast paced with continued growth fostered by our commitment to teamwork and the right candidate will thrive.
BF Joy, LLC... It's in Our DNA!