PROJECT ENGINEERING MANAGER
Optimized Thermal Systems, Inc. is growing steadily to meet the ever increasing needs and interests of HVAC&R research, experimentation, and development. Our vision is to transform the way thermal systems are designed and developed, freeing engineers to do what they do best: create and innovate. We do this by:
- Developing, verifying and validating highly goal oriented simulation tools;
- Integrating with multi-objective optimization, analysis and visualization of the entire product design space; and
- Establishing long-term collaboration with select customers so that we thoroughly understand their research needs and can be most productive in minimizing the time to market for new designs.
OTS is looking for a full-time Project/Engineering Manager to oversee the execution and engineering efforts of multiple projects simultaneously. Projects range from analyzing customer-specific system applications, developing prototype systems, testing the performance of HVAC&R systems and/or components, and conducting market and industry research to solve unique customer challenges.
Core Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as primary communication point with client and other stakeholders; excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Reviews, comments, and approves project deliverables including technical analysis, developed software, client presentations, final reports, etc.
- Conduct internal and external meetings with project team members and clients to review project status and discuss next steps.
- Complete in depth review of project contracts in order to understand scope, schedule, and cost.
- Develop schedule, detailed budget, and determine key staff, subcontract and other resource requirements. Actively manage project team members to make sure contract requirements are met throughout the life of a project.
- Coordinate people and resources, as well as integrate and perform the activities of the project in accordance with the project scope.
- Develop engineering documentation and provide technical guidance for proposal activities.
- Execute on sales leads and opportunities, develop and nurture business relationships with potential/current customers, support and assist sales team with proposal development, developing scope and cost estimates, and other related activities as required and requested.
- Maintains current knowledge of new technologies developed by the industry, including those in experimental stages.
- Ability to plan and manage projects independently
- Excellent interpersonal, mathematical, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently as well as on teams.
- Ability to review drawings, calculations, and simulation results for accuracy and consistency within a project.
- Ability to review and produce technical documents to support project efforts.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Has the flexibility to engage, hands on, in all aspects of project processes, if necessary.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- One to Five (1-5) years’ experience engineering or project management
- Job Location: Beltsville, MD
- Type: Full-Time Position
- Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
- Benefits: Fully covered health insurance; short and long term disability insurance; retirement plan contribution 3% of salary; 2 days/month accrued time off; generous holiday schedule.
*Serious applicants only. Please do not contact this company about other services, products or commercial interests, including recruitment services.*