Title: Pipe Layer
Reports to: Foreman
Status: Regular, Full Time, Non-exempt
Primary Function: The Pipe Layer is responsible for preparing and installing underground pipelines in preparation for construction.
Duties and Key Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the Pipe Layer include, but are not limited to:
- General Install conduit and manhole structure systems.
- Lay out pipe routes, following specifications or blueprints, and coordinating layouts with supervisor.
- Cut pipes to required lengths.
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction.
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
- Check grades for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers.
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints or glue.
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials.
- Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools.
- Train others in pipe-laying techniques.
- Other General Labor and construction related duties as required.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics.
- Must examine situations considering the principles of the Code of Ethics.
- Promote, safety execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, subcontractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Work with Safety Department to investigate damage, incidents or near misses in the worksite, and ensure proper procedures are carried out according to the Company’s Safety Program.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself, or endanger the wellbeing of
Qualifications Education, Training and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Valid Driver License
- 3-5 years’ experience in underground pipe laying
- 2-4 years’ experience in road construction preferred Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of pipe laying techniques. Transferable Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Communication skills
- Basic mathematical skills Abilities
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Accountability and dependability
- Excellent hand, eye and for coordination
- Accomplish goals in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent sense of balance.
- High energy, and ability to manage stress Working Conditions
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but to limited, lifting materials and equipment (up to 70 pounds unassisted), standing, climbing, walking, or using hands to operate/handle tools.
We offer you:
- A competitive base salary to commensurate with experience.
- Excellent comprehensive employee benefits – to include attractive coverage options in medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- We also offer the following options to our employees: Supplemental insurance.
- Paid holidays