Berry Global Inc, a leader in packaging and protection solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Industrial Maintenance Mechanic/Technician to join the Baltimore plant location.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic function of plant machinery and injection molding equipment. This is a key technical support position with opportunity for training, development, and career growth.
1. Troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical and hydraulic problems on production equipment that uses electro-mechanical relay logic of PLC controls plus hydraulic, pneumatic and related equipment.
2. Perform preventive maintenance procedures.
3. Make simple tool cuts using maintenance shop machine tools (lathe, milling machine, welding equipment, etc.).
4. Utilize equipment manuals, analytical skills and test equipment to identify equipment problems and perform repairs.
5. Disassemble and repair hydraulic and pneumatic valves and cylinders.
6. All associates have the shared responsibility for safety, food safety, quality, cost control and suggesting solutions for improvement.
7. Support Safety, Quality, and Productivity goals.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must have high school diploma or equivalent combination of education / experience.
2. Prefer 5+ years of mechanic work experience. Previous experience with Injection Molding Machinery (Husky/KM) a plus.
3. Demonstrated strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
4. Must have excellent understanding of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic drawings to assist with troubleshooting equipment problems.
5. Team player with excellent attendance, communication, and problem solving skills.
6. Must be able to multi-task and work independently in a fast paced production environment.
7. Must perform all duties in a safe and effective manner.
8. Capable of physical mobility including walking, sitting, bending, climbing, twisting, standing, pushing, pulling and lifting/moving (up to 50 pounds). Must be able to work from elevated platforms and ladder lifts.
9. Previous forklift experience a plus.
10. Able to work in a production environment, recognizing various sounds and alarms.
11. Must be able to work overtime as needed.