This fast paced position contributes to the success of our company by effectively managing and directing the daily operation of the maintenance and damage function for trucks to monitor and control related expenses. This position is responsible for managing the maintenance shop in a safe and professional manner, ensuring compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies and for hiring, training, developing, motivating and evaluating the performance of staff and providing ongoing feedback regarding performance and expectations. Monitor and control parts, outside repairs and maintenance expenses. Approve all maintenance expenditures and direct all recall safety claims and prepare timely repair estimates and salvage packages on all damaged vehicles and forward to claims. Manage vendor relationships to verify that vehicles are repaired in accordance with damage appraisals and ensure all repairs are properly documented per Company standards.
Responsibilities and essential job functions, but are not limited to:
- Direct all mechanical and body damage repair in shop. Ensure all related repair orders are completed and processed in accordance with established guidelines. Control vehicle downtime and units out of service. Inspect vended vehicles to ensure specified repairs are completed and quality of work meets established standards. Compare damage repair costs against estimates to ensure quality of repair and utilization of parts purchased. Approve all maintenance expenditures and submit invoices for approval/payment.
- Select outside vendors and submit for approval for purchase of parts and repair of vehicles. Maintain up-to-date files on vendor insurance policies.
- Ensure warranty submissions meet or exceed business plan and all required paperwork is submitted.
- Maintain a preventive maintenance program and coordinate fleet rotation when required.
- Hire, train, develop, motivate and evaluate the performance of staff. Provide ongoing feedback regarding performance and expectations.
- Perform other duties and special assignments as required.
- Bachelor's degree, technical school or military service is preferred.
- A minimum of five years shop experience, to include supervisory responsibilities, and trade school and/or dealership and factory service training are required for this position along with mechanical repair knowledge and familiarity with warranty and vendors procedures is required.
- Minimum of five years automotive maintenance with past diesel truck maintenance experience required. Knowledge of the rental vehicle industry and prior supervisory experience is preferred.
The successful candidate must be willing to and/or possess the following:
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to provide work direction to a team of technicians and staff
- Strong time-management and multitasking skills and capable of determining priorities in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and good decision making skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with both internal and external customers & vendors
- Strong organization and administration skills and detail orientation to ensure day to day smooth operations and to keep detailed, accurate records
- Must have a drive for achieving results and ability to convey a sense of urgency when needed
- Proficient computer skills including Excel spreadsheet knowledge
Depending on district/territory visits to outlying locations and vendors is necessary.
We provide excellent on the job training, advancement opportunities, competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and a 401 K plan. If you are seeking to "Make the Better Move" in your career please apply online today!
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.