Brandywine Realty Trust (NYSE: BDN) is one of the largest, publicly traded, full-service, integrated real estate companies in the nation. Organized as a real estate investment trust (REIT), Brandywine owns, leases and manages an urban, town center and suburban office portfolio. Our mission is to design, create and maintain exceptional working environments for our clients, tenants, and employees that reflect our high standards and uncompromising commitment to excellence. Our employees are our greatest asset, as it is their commitment to exceptionalism that is the key to our success.
Under direction, the Building Operating Engineer performs operating and maintenance tasks for one or more assigned properties. Functions are completed within the scope of policy and procedure guidelines, in conformance with standard operating practices, or as directed by management.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Complete necessary operating, maintenance, and repair tasks to assure maximum life and reliability of mechanical systems. Systems include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical (as allowed by applicable Codes and/or incumbent licensing)
- General building maintenance
- Record maintenance and repair information in accordance with guidelines established by management direction or policy/procedure.
- Respond to trouble calls or requests for assistance from tenants.
- Maintain positive working relationships with tenants, responding to requests and issues in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain productivity-enhancing communications and working relationships with co-workers, management and third-party contractors and suppliers.
- Respond to after-hours emergency calls.
- Other assigned duties as required.
Education/Training, Skills and Experience Needed
- High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of a building trades curriculum at a recognized technical school is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successful experience in commercial or institutional buildings with complex mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Must have valid state-issued drivers license at all times.
- Must be insurable at all times under Brandywine Realty Trust's commercial policies where deemed necessary at the Company's sole discretion.
- Strong customer-service orientation in responding to tenant requests.
- Display follow-through in carrying out directions from management. Demonstrate teamwork skills in relations with co-workers.
Brandywine Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEOE). Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, or sexual orientation.
We are committed to maintaining a safe, healthful and efficient environment that enhances the welfare of our employees. Use of illegal drugs and/or any substances that impair or are likely to impair an employee's ability to perform his or her job is strictly prohibited. If offered the position, we conduct full criminal and credit background checks prior to the start of employment.
Building the Foundation for your Success means:
- Hiring diversely-talented people to meet company-wide needs Training and coaching Brandywine employees to provide 'Best of Class' services
- Motivating employees through empowerment, respect, challenging work and providing timely performance feedback
- Recognizing individuals who exemplify 'Best of Class' Rewarding employees with competitive compensation and benefits and non-monetary rewards
- Promoting and mentoring employees to further standards of excellence and achieve corporate growth with a history of promoting from within
- Retaining employees who are committed to adding value to our organization
More reasons to work at Brandywine include:
- Nationally recognized as one of the top REIT's in the country with an excellent reputation in the industry for delivering prime office space and quality service
- State of the art development projects and award winning architecture
- Dynamic leadership that is highly respected in the industry; founding CEO since 1986 Proven history of growth and continuous plans for growth
At Brandywine, we recognize that employee welfare is essential to our ability to achieve our business objectives. Brandywine benefits are part of our competitive strategy of recognizing our employees' commitment to achievement. Our 'Best of Class' benefits include:
- Health care coverage for employees including spouse/domestic partner and dependent children (Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision)
- Reimbursement Accounts for Health, Dependent Care and Public Transportation
- Paid Holidays, Personal and Sick days
- Paid Vacation time
- Flex time including Summer hours
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life and accident insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Legal assistance program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Military leave with pay for training or reserve duty
- Tuition reimbursement
- Matching charitable gift program
- Days of Caring – Community Service
- Business casual environment in Corporate and Property Management Offices