Don't miss your chance to be part of history!
As we celebrate our 100th year in business, we are looking for a new generation of highly skilled and highly motivated players to join our company. This is your opportunity to rise-up and lift your career to new heights as you help us in re-building DC's aging infrastructure. Come be a part of our family, our efficient Lean Six Sigma production philosophy, and our unmatched reputation.
ATTITUDE, APTITUDE, and AMBITION
- If your definition of "game night" means figuring out how to develop processes and protocols that cut out waste, we want to talk to you
- If your thrive in a whirlwind environment, we want to talk to you
Together we can build history!
Title: Lean Continuous Improvement Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Support Services
Status: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
Frank Joy, LLC (BFJ) located in Hyattsville, MD is seeking a highly effective Lean Continuous Improvement Coordinator to support productivity and profitability by delivering cross-functional improvements to business processes and production performance pertaining to safety, quality, cost, and execution. This is a key role in the management, continuous improvement, and project management areas of the organization. This position will be a contributor and driver of the BFJ Production System. Additional lean specialist responsibilities include: developing, improving or adding capacity to processes.
- Hands on support of BFJ Divisions through participation in Kaizen and 3P events, Lean projects, problem solving teams, and Lean training.
- Lead small team Lean events (level 2 & 3 Kaizens) and Lean improvement projects and initiatives.
- Participate in Lean project planning, Value Stream Mapping, and production layout changes.
- Coach Department Managers, Team Managers, and Operation Employees in the use of Lean tools.
- Work with Division Managers to establish production goals that tie directly to the company’s vision and strategic plan.
- Three (3) plus years of underground utility experience including process improvement and integration of machinery, people and processes desirable.
- Highly Preferred: Experience with process efficiency (Six Sigma), performance management (management tools, dashboard, tier meetings, etc.), client orientation (voice of the customer approach), mindset and behavior (change management/ acceleration techniques).
- Preferred: Six Sigma Green Belt training or certification
- Experience identifying and recommending solutions for employee safety and productivity and process quality.
- Clear communication, including effective writing skills and interpersonal skills a must.
- Demonstrated self-directed and small team leadership capabilities. Experience in leading group meetings, with personnel from differing backgrounds and experience levels.
- Effective time management skills to drive completion.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Preferred: Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering.
- Ability to work in a construction environment
- Safety glasses and PPE required on job sites.
- This role will be provided office space and use of computer to perform duties, but will be required to balance time between office and job sites, as necessary.
- May have access to, and be required to use, small hand tools and equipment.
- Ability to work off- shifts and weekends as required to support post event/ project sustainment.