Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 2 million customers in Washington D.C.,Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking a Lead Building Electrician NERC to jointhe staff at our Washington DC,Forestville, MD or Rockville, MD location. The primary purpose of this role is:
Directs, coordinates and performs assignments involving the day-to-day operation and maintenance of all building electrical and electro-mechanical systems.
II. SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
1. Within the limits of the required certifications, performs or arranges all tests,maintenance, repairs and replacement of all associated equipment that relates to HVAC, electrical systems, emergency power systems, fire alarm systems,evaluates and diagnose problems and recommends solutions.
2. Obtain electrical permits as required.
3. Estimate costs of modifications and or new installations.
4. Providenecessary liaison with Facility and contractor personnel.
5. Review and inspect work by contractors.
6. Direct, train and/or assist lower classified employees in all phases of building electrician work.
7. Perform general Facilities work as required.
8. Perform general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill in painting, carpentry, masonry, lock repair, grounds keeping.
9. Provides assistance during Facility emergencies.
10. Operate Energy Management System.
11. Reads blueprints and wiring plans.
• -High school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
• -MD or DC Master Electrician License
• -DC Class 6 or MD Grade 3 – Steam and Hot water Heating Boiler Engineer
-Universal CFC Certificate
• -Experience as a Building Electrician “A” or possess equivalent related experience.
• -Experience demonstrating skill performinggeneral maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings.
• -Experience demonstrating skill in Maintenance,repair & replacement of HVAC, Electrical System, emergency power system,fire alarm system,
• -Experience demonstrating skill in Maintenance & strong trouble shooting of Electrical component of Heating Ventilating and air condition systems.
• -Knowledge of PC-based word processing,spreadsheet, and e-mail software.
• -Experience demonstrating skill communicating orally and in writing with others internal and external to the organization.
• -Experience demonstrating skill using tools to perform work (e.g., painting, carpentry, masonry, lock repair, groundskeeping).
• -Ability and willingness to read and interpret equipment manuals, modify and correct blue prints, schematics, sketches and diagrams.
• -Ability and willingness to perform both indoorand outdoor tasks for extended periods of time (for example, lifting up to 50pounds, climbing ladders and scaffolding, working in rigging, bending, twisting,kneeling, crawling, pulling/pushing, standing, walking, and squatting).
• -Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments including all weather conditions, at extreme heights, on or around energized electrical equipment, alone in remote areas, in confined spaces or enclosed vessels, and in noisy and dirty environments with proper-Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (e.g., example safety glasses, di-electric safety shoes, electrically insulated rubber gloves and sleeves, hard hat, fall protection harness.)
• -Ability and willingness to work extended hours(including holidays and weekends) with little or no notice and on-call during storms and system emergencies, per the Labor Agreement.
• -Ability and willingness to travel to various work locations.
• -Ability and willingness to adhere to safety regulations and policies and to wear and use safety equipment as required by Federal, State, Local, and Company regulations.
• -Ability and willingness to perform a second role in accordance with PHI’s Emergency Preparedness Guidelines for all employees.
-Must successfully pass qualification test.
• -Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• -Must successfully pass the Criminal History Records Check which consists of a 7-year criminal records check for felony convictions.
• -Must successfully pass a Medical Screening to include a drug test.
• This position is a NERC and FERC Regulatedposition. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annualNERC and FERC compliance training.
• -College or Associate degree in Applied Sciences or related field.
PHI is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please apply online at