JOB TITLE: LANDSCAPE LABORER
The primary responsibility is to safely and efficiently complete landscape enhancement and maintenance projects on assigned properties.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned work on a daily basis inclusive of: mowing, edging, trimming, fertilizing, detailing ornamental plant material, weed-eating, spraying or pulling weeds, blowing off of hard surfaces
- Work to assure quality and timely completion of all tasks assigned.
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Identify and report crew damages, issues, failing turf, etc. to your Landscape Foreperson
- Participate in the Safety Program and adhere to company safety guidelines
- Refer any homeowners that want to speak with you to your Foreperson
- Report all equipment/mowers/trucks that are not in good working order to your Foreperson immediately before leaving our facility and upon return to our facility
- Use your safety equipment daily - uniforms, safety glasses, boots, cones, ear plugs, etc.
- Contact your Foreperson immediately for any accidents, incidents, etc. that has direct interaction with you
- Performs other duties as required.
- 1-2 years of experience in mowing or pruning a plus, but not necessary.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record a plus
- Must be able to communicate with Foreperson and Manager
- Must have a positive attitude
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to comprehend verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis, and up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.