Vogel Engineering + Timmons Group provides creative and innovative civil engineering, land planning and surveying services, and has been operating in Maryland for over two decades. We focus on residential, institutional, industrial/commercial and mixed-use projects for local and national developers and are currently expanding our services and project types throughout the region.
We are currently seeking an experienced Land Development Project Manager to join our Ellicott City, MD office location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and Civil 3D technology.
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems.
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project.
- Work to complete design details and plan sets.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Communicate with client, staff, and internal design team.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelors or master's degree in civil engineering with equivalent work experience and professional registration (P.E.) in Maryland.
- 6 to 10 years’ experience in civil engineering related to land development specifically Residential and Commercial design.
- Familiarity with Maryland Stormwater requirements and local codes preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time.
- Proven experience in client management and relationships and contract acquisition in the Maryland region.
- Has experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others.
- Has working knowledge of CADD and or civil 3D software. (Civil 3D preferred), and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Vogel Engineering + Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.