PLEASE NOTE: TCCE hires field construction staff to work at jobs in the region (primarily Maryland, DC, Northern Virginia). This means job locations will change as needed.
The construction laborer helps the pipe layer by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment. The laborer plays a major day to day role to keep work sites clean and compliant. NOTE: Must have a flexible schedule (make work irregular or odd hours in outdoor work sites, depending upon project needs or weather), including nights and weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials
- Load, unload, and/or identify materials and tools
- Dig ditches or trenches, back fill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications
- Preforms general construction work (using hand tools, lifting materials on average up to 50 pounds) under direction of Foreman or Supervisor
- May perform flagging duties to control and maintain flow of traffic in work zone
- Perform other duties, as and when assigned.
- Must have physical ability to recognize and avoid security risks.
- Able to communicate effectively with others and work cooperatively in teams (including resolving basic conflicts with or without the assistance of management).
- Able to communicate and interact both verbally and written.
- Flexible to work during odd hours, including overtime, night work and weekends.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to follow directions, produce quality work, maintain safe working habits/ conditions
- Must be comfortable working in 15ft to 20ft trenches
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable performance of essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is…
- Required to continuously use vision abilities, including close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The use of hands and fingers and feet is regularly required to use tools to dig, fill (or help with putting, installing, guiding); reach with hands and arms; use fine motor coordination and eye-hand coordination to control and guide the pipe.
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear; lift or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds (with or without assistance).
- Occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee…
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts; is exposed to vibration, wet or humid conditions, heat, and other forms of inclement weather; and is exposed to loud noise.
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places or in excavations, and is exposed to fumes or particulates, chemicals, or electricity.
Total Civil Construction & Engineering, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Minorities, Females, Disabled, Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Total Civil Construction is proud to be an E-Verify Employer and Drug-Free Workplace