NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) is a multi-award winning company founded in 1999. NETE is a full service Information Technology (IT) company dedicated to providing value focused services to the Federal Government and the Biomedical Research and Health IT Sector. NETE offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Jira Administrator to join our dynamic team. If you want to learn, grow, and help then this is the job for you. We support a project/customer that "seeks to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic disease seeks fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce illness and disability.” What you do matters and has significant impact on the medical and scientific communities we serve. Your work here really matters and has real impact.
- Creates custom projects in JIRA for complex workflows, reports, permission schemes etc. to meet business needs
- Performs testing in non-production environments, deployment in Production followed by testing in Production
- Creates test cases and generates test reports for testing JIRA projects implementation and enhancements
- Collaborates with stakeholders to gather requirements for new JIRA projects and enhancements
- Performs weekly maintenance of JIRA servers
- Provides ideas for using JIRA more efficiently to meet business needs
- Provides formal and informal training to new JIRA users
- Identifies, tests and provides recommendations for using new plugins to meet project requirements
- Collaborates with other JIRA team members for creating solutions for new requirements
- Analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Manage user permissions for tools according to the needs of projects and teams.
- Perform application and system administration tasks, including data backups and scheduled jobs.
- Test new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility.
- Research and utilize industry standard methods and techniques.
- Maintain JIRA projects, workflows, permissions, and users while working in a JIRA 6.x & 7.x environment.
- Improve JIRA security. Set access permissions for JIRA projects and Confluence spaces.
- Work with JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields, and JIRA administration.
- Communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines.
- Perform basic Linux and Windows Server administration tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline; or Master’s degree.
- 4+ years’ experience as JIRA Administrator with experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemes, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ hands-on experience working with the Atlassian product suite, with specific focus on JIRA as a Project/Application Administrator.
- Expert level Atlassian tool administration knowledge on JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language), a plus.
- Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA, a must.
- Ability to construct Confluence pages and integrate JIRA projects with Confluence pages, a must.
- Ability to create custom fields, reports using post functions
- Ability to test, recommend and install new plug-ins
- Ability to perform JIRA administration tasks
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, migrations, and plugin installation, a must.
- Experience installing applications on VMs, monitoring performance, and tailing logs on Unix Systems Administration and Microsoft Windows Server, preferred.
- Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL Database administration skills are preferred.
- LDAP integration experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic agile environment.
- Must have strong work ethic with good time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Position involves interfacing with customers.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Residents preferred.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
NETE is a multi-award winning company as well as offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses; and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.