Established in 2001, The Tauri Group is a professional services firm known for our analytic rigor, practical solutions, and trusted advice in the areas of CBRN threat mitigation, defense science and technology, homeland security, and adjacent domains. We offer the financial stability and breadth of capability of a large company coupled with the corporate commitment and attention of a small firm. Our subject matter expertise, determination, agility, and commitment to active and ongoing client and stakeholder engagement enable us to solve tough problems and deliver results-oriented solutions that help our customers achieve mission success. We tackle our clients’ most challenging problems by combining analytical rigor with world-class expertise and relevant operational experience. At The Tauri Group, we do what’s right for the Program, the Mission, and the Nation.
We are seeking a Property Accountability Officer to support the Joint Project Manager Medical Countermeasure Systems (JPM MCS).
Candidates must have a current SECRET clearance.
Experience and/or Certifications Required
- Have 7 years for relevant property management experience in accordance with AR 735-5.
- Expertise using property accountability software, programs, and systems (e.g., Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS), Property Book Unit Supply Enhanced (PBUSE), etc.).
- Basic knowledge and expertise of the functionality, administration, and concept of operations with property management and accountability in accordance with Army Regulation (AR) 735-5, Policies and Procedures for Property Accountability.
Performance Based Task Required
- Serve as the technical expert and principal representative regarding property accountability.
- Establish, document, and execute processes and procedures to ensure property accountability.
- Apply appropriate regulations and policies pertaining to the management and control of Government-owned property.
- Enter all property data for property owned by the program office into the appropriate system.
- Interact with contracting offices for delivery and inventory of delivered equipment.
- Conduct asset visibility analysis and generate property accountability reports.
- Provide general support to the Government Property Book Officer/Accountable Property Officer.
- Maintain and monitor 100% property accountability of Government property (i.e., Government-Owned Non-Fielded, Government Furnished Property, and Installation) through the use of hand receipt accounts. As part of this task, the contractor shall follow appropriate Accountable Property Systems of Record (APSRs) (e.g., Property Book Unit Supply Enhanced (PBUSE), Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS), Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-A), etc.) to issue, receive, and transfer equipment.
- Schedule inventory of hand receipt holder accounts.
- Provide guidance and assist hand receipt holders to ensure inventories are performed in accordance with the appropriate Army Regulations.
- Perform proper maintenance and timely update of all accountable property records for leased, loaned, and borrowed equipment, as well as equipment transferred into and out of the Property Book.
- Prepare inventory lists, assist primary hand receipt holders in completing inventories, and adjust property records to ensure accuracy.
- Catalog property data through the Army Enterprise System Integration Program (AESIP) for Material Control Number assignments.
- Prepare, maintain, and monitor property transaction documentation.
- Review inventory reports to assure compliance with all regulations and make appropriate adjustments when necessary.
- Collaborate with other staff to settle problems of a special or technical nature, as they occur, regarding all phases of property management.
- Process Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss (FLIPL) and special investigations collection vouchers in a timely and efficient manner, complying with processing timelines as determined by applicable regulations.
- Conduct a 100% annual reconciliation of all Government property.
- Assist with property audits.
- Travel to multiple agencies to conduct inventories and audits.
This position is contingent upon contract award
At The Tauri Group, you'll collaborate with an elite, creative team of scientists, engineers, analysts, operations specialists, policy experts, and acquisition support specialists. We attract people who love their work and are dedicated to the complex challenges facing today's world. Our culture fosters engagement and enthusiasm, attracts and retains proven experts, and maintains a flexible environment that supports clients and staff. From our easily accessible offices in Alexandria, Virginia to our comprehensive benefits package, every aspect of our operations is designed to bring us the best in the field.
Financially, The Tauri Group is a smart choice, offering:
- Highly competitive salaries
- 401(k), including competitive matching and 100 % vesting after only one year
- Business development and referral bonuses
We support your life outside of the office, too, with benefits including:
- Highly competitive medical insurance and multiple plans to choose from
- Dental and vision insurance plans
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Eight paid hours a year that you can devote to charity
- Flexible work schedules