Established in 2001, The Tauri Group is a professional services firm known for our analytic rigor, practical solutions, and trusted advice in the areas of CBRN threat mitigation, defense science and technology, homeland security, and adjacent domains. We offer the financial stability and breadth of capability of a large company coupled with the corporate commitment and attention of a small firm. Our subject matter expertise, determination, agility, and commitment to active and ongoing client and stakeholder engagement enable us to solve tough problems and deliver results-oriented solutions that help our customers achieve mission success. We tackle our clients’ most challenging problems by combining analytical rigor with world-class expertise and relevant operational experience. At The Tauri Group, we do what’s right for the Program, the Mission, and the Nation.
We are seeking a Program Analyst to support the Army Research, Development and Engineering Command (RDECOM).
Candidates must have a current SECRET clearance.
Experience and/or Certifications Required
- Understanding of program and technology development, either from a DOD or Industry perspective, as well as the corresponding management practices, across one or more product disciplines (e.g., engineering, logistics, test, finance, etc.).
- Experience supporting programs, projects, or tasks which involve tracking risk and providing constant status or process oversight.
- Capable of communicating clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software, with specific experience in effective use of Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Capable of performing assigned tasks with minimal oversight or correction.
- Possess knowledge and experience regarding the procedures and responsibilities necessary to hand-carry information up to the Secret level.
- Certificate of completion, or obtain and submit one within ninety (90) days of assignment, for the Action Officer Development Course.
Performance Based Tasks Required
- Provide program management, technical documentation, data analysis, and operational support to the Army RDECOM G3 Global Technology Office (GTO).
- Serve as RFI task manager. As part of this task, the contractor shall track each RFI from origination to completion, as follows:
- Build the RFI tasker in the Government tasking system
- Ensure that the appropriate staff are assigned
- Track execution
- Send reminders of upcoming deadlines and short-suspense requirements
- Close open RFIs / RFI Projects based on recommendations from the Originator or HQ concurrence.
- Knowledge management of closed RFIs – reviewing closed RFIs on an annual basis to capture success/transition stories
- Operate within guidelines of, and assist in maintaining and implementing, Army RDECOM Policy 37, Annex F and the Army RDECOM RFI Process SOP or superseding documentation. The candidate will apply executive skills to review, analyze, and evaluate the RFI SOP, including a detailed RFI process, with the GTO Director and/or GTO Deputy Directors on an annual basis following the Spring Global Workshop providing recommendations to manage program processes and mitigate program risk.
- Conduct monthly, or as needed, RFI meetings with all appropriate staff to review overall RFI metrics, the status of open RFI taskers and late RFI taskers.
- Maintain a searchable RFI database containing historical and current RFIs. In addition, the contractor shall work with GTO leadership to determine how these RFIs, which are based on current technology or material gaps, relating to current Army Operational Needs and Army Warfighting Priorities, can be understood, packaged and presented in a clear, concise manner. The candiate shall develop the requirements for maintenance of this system and any subsequent SOP and/or program documentation and maintain a list of required documents for this database.
- Present the RFI process, RFI data, and pertinent process updates at the RDECOM ORBT, RDECOM Global Workshop and other relevant events.
- Work with Army RDECOM Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify materiel capability gaps to the RFI process and prepare solutions. In addition, the contractor shall provide briefings of RFI projects to report their final outcomes.
- Gather input from relevant Department of the Army staff related to technology/solution requirements. In addition, the candidate shall consolidate input for submission to the DA and DoD Rapid Equippers (e.g., Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), AMC, AWG, REF, JIEDDO, TRADOC ARCIC, ASA(ALT), etc.).
- Digest weekly activities reports from different global equities and provide a shortened summary version containing key activities from each equity to the GTO Director.
- Coordinate and facilitate working sessions with all Army RDECOM subordinate labs and RDECs to assess and integrate technology solutions to RFIs, ONSs, JUONs, REF 10 Liners, and other similar requirements sources.
- Maintain, update, and share with the Global community the GTO trifold, noting any pertinent changes to personnel in Army RDECOM Headquarters G3 GTO, Army RDECOM Quick Reaction Coordinators (RQRCs), Science Advisors (SAs), external partners of the RFI Process and, when applicable, Science and Technology Acquisition Corps Advisors (STACAs) and Science and Technology Advisor Teams (STATs).
- Maintain awareness of various technology programs throughout Army RDECOM (ongoing lab and RDEC technology projects), DoD, and Industry through participation in internal and external meetings and share information with the GTO team.
- Work with data analytics to gain an in-depth understand RFI data and how it relates to GTOs broader tech search efforts.
- Obtain and maintain all information regarding the projects and events he/she is responsible for managing and provide updates on issues, upcoming meetings, briefings, and taskers related to assigned projects, both orally and in written form.
- Serve as the primary Action Officer on assigned internal and external tasks for the RDECOM G3 Operations directorate. As part of this task, the candidate shall collect data, perform analyses, prepare quality input, and respond on time.
- Attend and participate in the ORBT and Global Workshop (formerly called the FAST Program Review). In addition, the candidate shall contribute documentation to both the ORBT and Global Workshop after-action reports.
- Assist in maintaining the GTO Sharepoint database that contains resources for the global community and provide recommendations to the GTO Director and/or GTO Deputy Directors for other resources that personnel contacting GTO have requested.
- Participate in the promotion of Global Programs through dissemination of information to the Global community
- Provide administrative and process support to GTO functions as needed, including assisting GTO with the planning, development, initiation, and execution of projects.
- Attend all GTO work related meetings.
- Respond to inquiries and tasks in a timely manner.
- Monitor/protect acquisition-sensitive materiel.
- Monitor the NIPR and SIPR networks, reading and digesting unclassified and classified material to search for specified and/or implied tasks.
At The Tauri Group, you'll collaborate with an elite, creative team of scientists, engineers, analysts, operations specialists, policy experts, and acquisition support specialists. We attract people who love their work and are dedicated to the complex challenges facing today's world. Our culture fosters engagement and enthusiasm, attracts and retains proven experts, and maintains a flexible environment that supports clients and staff. From our easily accessible offices in Alexandria, Virginia to our comprehensive benefits package, every aspect of our operations is designed to bring us the best in the field.
Financially, The Tauri Group is a smart choice, offering:
- Highly competitive salaries
- 401(k), including competitive matching and 100 % vesting after only one year
- Business development and referral bonuses
We support your life outside of the office, too, with benefits including:
- Highly competitive medical insurance and multiple plans to choose from
- Dental and vision insurance plans
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Eight paid hours a year that you can devote to charity
- Flexible work schedules