Established in 2001, The Tauri Group is a professional services firm known for our analytic rigor, practical solutions, and trusted advice in the areas of CBRN threat mitigation, defense science and technology, homeland security, and adjacent domains. We offer the financial stability and breadth of capability of a large company coupled with the corporate commitment and attention of a small firm. Our subject matter expertise, determination, agility, and commitment to active and ongoing client and stakeholder engagement enable us to solve tough problems and deliver results-oriented solutions that help our customers achieve mission success. We tackle our clients’ most challenging problems by combining analytical rigor with world-class expertise and relevant operational experience. At The Tauri Group, we do what’s right for the Program, the Mission, and the Nation.
We are seeking a Program Analyst to support the Army Research, Development and Engineering Command (RDECOM).
Candidates must have a current SECRET clearance.
Experience and/or Certifications Required
- Understanding of program and technology development, either from a DOD or Industry perspective, as well as the corresponding management practices, across one or more product disciplines (e.g., engineering, logistics, test, finance, etc.).
- Experience supporting programs, projects, or tasks which involve tracking risk and providing constant status or process oversight.
- Capable of communicating clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software, with specific experience in effective use of Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Capable of performing assigned tasks with minimal oversight or correction.
- Knowledge and experience regarding the procedures and responsibilities necessary to hand-carry information up to the Secret level.
- Possess a certificate of completion, or obtain and submit one within ninety (90) days of assignment, for the Action Officer Development Course
Performance Based Tasks Required
- Assist the team lead with the planning, development, initiation, and execution of projects.
- Apply executive skills to review, analyze, and evaluate program development, progress, and performance.
- Perform planning and scheduling activities.
- Provide recommendations to manage and mitigate program risk.
- Participate in program functional IPTs, IPRs, milestone decisions, and required program updates.
- Review and prepare clear and concise briefings, documentation, reports, and other supporting information to support IPRs, milestone decisions, and program updates/reviews, and submit them for coordination and approval.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of requirements and program documentation, and maintain a list of required documents for assigned programs with corresponding projected need dates.
- Respond to inquiries and tasks.
- Obtain and maintain all information regarding the projects and events he/she is responsible for managing and provide updates on issues, upcoming meetings, briefings, and taskers related to assigned projects, both orally and in written form.
- Monitor/protect acquisition-sensitive materiel.
- Provide program management, engineering, technical documentation, data analysis, and operational support to the Army RDECOM G3 Operations directorate.
- Provide meeting support (e.g., Current Operations, Senior Leaders, Chief of Staff, calendar efforts, RDECOM Command and Staff, RDECOM Campaign Plan, etc.). Such meetings may be web-based teleconferences, video-teleconferences, or face-to-face meetings, in both classified and unclassified forums. As part of this task, the contractor shall perform the following duties:
- Coordinate: Prepare agendas and briefing materials
- Attend/participate: Brief senior leaders
- Document: Record meeting minutes, executive summaries, and action items, focusing on G3 or individual areas of responsibility
- Monitor the NIPR and SIPR networks, reading and digesting unclassified and classified material to search for specified and/or implied tasks.
- Serve as the primary Action Officer on assigned internal and external tasks for the RDECOM G3 Operations directorate. As part of this task, the candidate shall collect data, perform analyses, prepare quality input, and respond on time.
- Develop and consolidate input for assigned tasks, coordinating with appropriate staff across Army RDECOM to ensure that a complete and accurate response is submitted on time.
- Perform detailed analysis on assigned areas of interest using generally accepted analytical techniques and the MDMP. In addition, the candidate shall submit analysis results.
- Ensure OPSEC procedures are followed in accordance with ARs 380-5 and 530-1.
- Maintain situational awareness of Army RDECOM support to COCOM AORs, theaters of war, and named operations, with a primary focus on Pacific Command (PACOM), Northern Command (NORTHCOM), Southern Command (SOUTHCOM), and Special Operations Command (SOCOM).
- Maintain general awareness of Army RDECOM Current Operations support, with a primary focus of Army Missile Research, Development, and Engineering Center (AMRDEC); Natick Soldier Research, Development, and Engineering Center (NSRDEC); RFEC Pacific, and RFEC Americas.
- Assist in tasking the appropriate staff to provide recommendations for technology/solution requirements. In addition, the candidate shall consolidate input for submission to the DA and DoD Rapid Equippers.
- Monitor requirements databases and other websites (e.g., ECOP, Army RDECOM Tasker / RFI tracker, Army RDECOM SharePoint, AKO - both NIPR and SIPR, etc.) and capture information necessary to keep the Army RDECOM Commander synchronized on mission support and aware of requirements.
- Perform advanced analyses of ONSs and JUONs. As part of this task, the contractor shall consolidate information, working with other Commands (e.g., P&E, etc.) to gather data and summarizing all input at the General Officer level to be submitted for leadership decision.
- Facilitate communication between Army RDECOM elements and external organizations (e.g., TRADOC ARCIC; REF; ATEC; FORSCOM; ASA(ALT); JIEDDO; DARPA; etc.).
- Contribute information related to technical writing and/or leadership reporting for AMC/Army Leadership briefings (e.g., O&I, CUB, G3, etc.).
At The Tauri Group, you'll collaborate with an elite, creative team of scientists, engineers, analysts, operations specialists, policy experts, and acquisition support specialists. We attract people who love their work and are dedicated to the complex challenges facing today's world. Our culture fosters engagement and enthusiasm, attracts and retains proven experts, and maintains a flexible environment that supports clients and staff. From our easily accessible offices in Alexandria, Virginia to our comprehensive benefits package, every aspect of our operations is designed to bring us the best in the field.
Financially, The Tauri Group is a smart choice, offering:
- Highly competitive salaries
- 401(k), including competitive matching and 100 % vesting after only one year
- Business development and referral bonuses
We support your life outside of the office, too, with benefits including:
- Highly competitive medical insurance and multiple plans to choose from
- Dental and vision insurance plans
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Eight paid hours a year that you can devote to charity
- Flexible work schedules