Established in 2001, The Tauri Group is a professional services firm known for our analytic rigor, practical solutions, and trusted advice in the areas of CBRN threat mitigation, defense science and technology, homeland security, and adjacent domains. We offer the financial stability and breadth of capability of a large company coupled with the corporate commitment and attention of a small firm. Our subject matter expertise, determination, agility, and commitment to active and ongoing client and stakeholder engagement enable us to solve tough problems and deliver results-oriented solutions that help our customers achieve mission success. We tackle our clients’ most challenging problems by combining analytical rigor with world-class expertise and relevant operational experience. At The Tauri Group, we do what’s right for the Program, the Mission, and the Nation.
We are seeking a Graphic Artist to support the Joint Project Manager Medical Countermeasure Systems (JPM MCS).
Candidates must have a current SECRET clearance.
Education and Experience Required
- Possess an ability to analyze the strategic environment and align organizational communications approaches to efficiently generate messages to multiple stakeholders. Ability to clearly portray and share these messages, as well as tailor them to specific audiences and incorporate effective design elements to enhance and strengthen the products, are all key elements in successful duty execution.
- Possess working knowledge in the creative development process.
- Good understanding of the design development process, including schedules, costs, and resources needed to efficiently produce high quality work on time and to specification.
- Knowledge and expertise in developing and expanding upon brand and program image (i.e., logo refresh, print media, brochures, briefing templates, fact sheet templates, trade show displays, banners, poster templates, and web refresh).
- Demonstrated experience developing creative solutions in a variety of media.
- Experience organizing, building, and structuring a photo and document library.
- Conceptual, design, and project management skills.
- Ability to evaluate his or her own work as it relates to customer expectations.
- Capable of presenting ideas to senior leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills and shall be capable of working independently with limited supervision.
- Capable of working with creative team members to collaborate work activities, project challenges, priorities.
- Proficiency using both Apple Macintosh and PC platforms.
- Working knowledge of the creative requirements of multiple marketing communications media (i.e., advertising, direct marketing, interactive, and collateral) in both print and broadcast mediums.
- Superior skills with Adobe Creative Suite design software (i.e., CS5, CS6, or CC), to include Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Acrobat, Microsoft Office 2013, to include PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, and Outlook.
Performance Based Tasks Required Responsibilities
- Provide the customer with creative services and visual content that aid communication, enhance understanding, attract, inspire, motivate, influence decisions, increase readability, and translate complex ideas.
- Provide visual direction and creative/graphic services using specialized technical skills in multiple disciplines (i.e., design, photography, illustration, page layout, typography, branding/visual identity, marketing, animation, and interactive media/web) and creating successful design solutions for both digital and print.
- Develop innovative graphical communications products and designs which follow organizational visual identity and meet project objectives, including but not limited to the following:
- Technical art
- Info graphics: charts, diagrams, photos, illustrations/images, schedules, and timelines
- Visual identity/branding: logos, business cards, stationary, and templates
- Publications: magazines, newspapers, newsletters, and books
- Displays/conference materials: brochures, posters, tent cards, folders, bios, briefs, and display banners
- Multimedia: animations, videos, web interface graphics
- Labels: cd/dvd
- Covers/bindings: binders
- Create designs using various computer software packages.
- Collaborate with other staff to determine the scope/message of a project and design media solutions that incorporate a strategic view.
- Translate abstract concepts into visual illustrations and graphics.
- Articulate ideas in a manner that is clearly understood by leadership.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Manage projects from start to finish (i.e., brainstorming concepts, light copywriting, organizing information, and approaching projects with basic marketing fundamentals in mind).
- Review/proofread designs for errors before delivery and final printing.
- Estimate the time required to complete each project and provide the estimated date of completion to the customer.
- Produce accurate and high-quality work that meets customer expectations. This may involve working with other staff to present designs and request feedback (e.g., color, images, text, style, and layout selection; content; etc.) to be incorporated into the final product.
- Ensure that the deliverable developed identifies a product or conveys the requested/required message.
- Ensure creative alignment with the organizational branding and marketing strategy, reinforcing branding through cutting edge design.
- Collaborate with technical, science, acquisition, and logistic professionals; leadership; and technical writers on the visual solutions (i.e., standard charts, tables, art/illustrations, and photos) to be included within important product lifecycle/milestone documentation and briefings.
- Use innovation to redefine design briefing templates, for both routine and customized use, to be used during events, conferences, and a variety of marketing or information briefings. Develop visual art or designs for each template, ensuring that they are optimized for both quality screen resolution and final print and the final product is delivered within the constraints of cost and time.
- Maintain visual excellence and identity for the organization by promoting graphic design best practices and standards and following creative process methods (i.e., critical thinking, analysis, conceptual and visual solutions).
- Archive final communications products (i.e., those used to communicate internally and externally) in approved Government electronic storage location(s). Assist in determining the best design and location for communications archives.
- Maintain a Command Overview Briefing for JPM MCS, designing all briefing visual content (approximately 50+ slides) and coordinating with the Director and Deputy Director of Acquisition monthly for maintenance and content updates.
- Collaborate with the customer to develop a storyboard and design interactive/animation briefings that introduce art, photos, moving/animation elements, and other design techniques. (This project requires diligent project management skills, development of a detailed storyboard and project timeline, and multiple resources to complete.)
- Design visual art images or interactive elements, media images, banners, ads, newsfeeds, profiles, or timelines for various social media sites for JPM MCS (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, MILSUITE, etc.).
- Participate in presentations/briefings and meetings.
At The Tauri Group, you'll collaborate with an elite, creative team of scientists, engineers, analysts, operations specialists, policy experts, and acquisition support specialists. We attract people who love their work and are dedicated to the complex challenges facing today's world. Our culture fosters engagement and enthusiasm, attracts and retains proven experts, and maintains a flexible environment that supports clients and staff. From our easily accessible offices in Alexandria, Virginia to our comprehensive benefits package, every aspect of our operations is designed to bring us the best in the field.
Financially, The Tauri Group is a smart choice, offering:
- Highly competitive salaries
- 401(k), including competitive matching and 100 % vesting after only one year
- Business development and referral bonuses
We support your life outside of the office, too, with benefits including:
- Highly competitive medical insurance and multiple plans to choose from
- Dental and vision insurance plans
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Eight paid hours a year that you can devote to charity
- Flexible work schedules