Established in 2001, The Tauri Group is a professional services firm known for our analytic rigor, practical solutions, and trusted advice in the areas of CBRN threat mitigation, defense science and technology, homeland security, and adjacent domains. We offer the financial stability and breadth of capability of a large company coupled with the corporate commitment and attention of a small firm. Our subject matter expertise, determination, agility, and commitment to active and ongoing client and stakeholder engagement enable us to solve tough problems and deliver results-oriented solutions that help our customers achieve mission success. We tackle our clients’ most challenging problems by combining analytical rigor with world-class expertise and relevant operational experience. At The Tauri Group, we do what’s right for the Program, the Mission, and the Nation.
We are seeking Graphic Artists to support the Headquarters, Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological Radiological Nuclear Defense (HQ, JPEO-CBRND).
Candidates must have a current SECRET clearance.
Education and Experience Required
- Requires formal training in communications, as well as the ability to analyze the strategic environment and align JPEO-CBRND communications approaches to efficiently generate designs and messages for multiple audiences. Key elements for success include effective design elements that enhance and strengthen communications, clarity, and advising clients on the best design strategies tailored for specific audiences.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License to support special JPEO-CBRND events, programs or campaigns.
- Familiarization with DoD Acquisition
- Provide all types of multi-media support, including but not limited to the following:
- Plan and prepare graphics communications products, clearly expressing the narratives that the JPEO-CBRND staff require to be conveyed to target audiences
- Develop and maintain graphics for product illustrations websites, print media, videos, logos and multi-media
- Collaborate with other JPEO-CBRND staff members on media solutions that incorporate a strategic, enterprise view
- Create and update presentations, fact sheets, and information documents
- Develop publication design and layout for magazine, brochure, newsletter, and other publication types
- Design templates, forms, and media that will be used by the JPEO-CBRND enterprise in communications products for internal and external use
- Design and develop for large format print media, such as posters and banners
- Translate abstract concepts into visual illustrations and graphics
- Ensure creative alignment with the JPEO-CBRND branding and marketing strategy
- Reinforce branding through cutting edge design
- Manage projects from start to finish (i.e., brainstorming concepts, light copywriting and copyediting, incorporating client edits, organizing information, and approaching projects with basic marketing fundamentals in mind)
- Support customer meetings and conferences, as required
- Photograph / video equipment, personnel, events, and ceremonies
- In support of the Director of Strategic Communications, the candidate shall aid in the development and execution of the JPEO-CBRND strategic plan and annual JPEO-CBRND strategic communications plan.
- Meet with clients to determine the scope of work for each project, make recommendations on designs and strategies to meet the client’s needs, manage expectations and schedules, and execute the strategy, completing the design project as specified in the project scope and recommendation.
- Archive final design and communications products (as used by JPEO-CBRND staff and leadership to communicate internally and externally) in approved government electronic storage location(s). Work with JPEO-CBRND staff responsible for Knowledge Management to determine the best design and location for JPEO-CBRND communications archive.
- Support and manage the JPEO-CBRND Strategic Communications Directorate events, outreach programs, campaigns, ceremonies and assignments.
- Drive Government vehicles as needed to transport event materials in support of conferences, ceremonies, and community support activities.
At The Tauri Group, you'll collaborate with an elite, creative team of scientists, engineers, analysts, operations specialists, policy experts, and acquisition support specialists. We attract people who love their work and are dedicated to the complex challenges facing today's world. Our culture fosters engagement and enthusiasm, attracts and retains proven experts, and maintains a flexible environment that supports clients and staff. From our easily accessible offices in Alexandria, Virginia to our comprehensive benefits package, every aspect of our operations is designed to bring us the best in the field.
Financially, The Tauri Group is a smart choice, offering:
- Highly competitive salaries
- 401(k), including competitive matching and 100 % vesting after only one year
- Business development and referral bonuses
We support your life outside of the office, too, with benefits including:
- Highly competitive medical insurance and multiple plans to choose from
- Dental and vision insurance plans
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Eight paid hours a year that you can devote to charity
- Flexible work schedules