eOriginal is a leading financial technology company specializing in Digital Transaction Management. Recently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in North America by Deloitte’s 2017 Technology Fast 500, we’ve helped hundreds of companies gain a competitive edge in the digital age. eOriginal guarantees trusted transactions of digital financial assets for all parties from the borrower to the secondary market. Our proven platform provides certainty in how these digital assets are created and maintained, delivering the confidence, visibility and compliance lenders and buyers need. As a pioneer in the Digital Transaction Management space with exciting plans for growth, eOriginal is currently seeking the industry’s best and brightest to join our team.
Software Engineer - Java Developer
eOriginal is a financial software firm seeking a Financial Software Java Developer to help push their suite of new and innovative products into the future. Currently eOriginal is responsible for building and maintain the most trusted eAsset Management Platform for thousands on organizations globally. eOriginal is a technology house where you will be surrounded by other individuals that love technology as well as writing code. The environment is fast-paced but also laid back with an emphasis on personal development and innovative Java solutions. As a Java Developer you will be pushed to develop your own skills but also learn to leverage new technologies and implement them into current projects.
A major plus about this role is you will be working in a software house where technology is the business. As the Java Developer you are not a support function but instead the driving force behind the company’s success. With this you will play an integral part in moving this firm forward all while becoming a better developer. The Financial Software Engineer, as a member of the software product team, is expected to contribute significantly to team goals in the area of software design, development and product support. Software Engineers take direction from the team or product lead and are expected to exhibit growth in their knowledge of software engineering methodologies and practices. They must exhibit a high degree of professionalism in their work and their interaction with others.
- Full lifecycle application development, with emphasis on agile development (scrum, sprints, incremental design) methodologies.
- Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in Java software language.
- Applies sound software engineering techniques to develop solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Follows appropriate design, development, and testing methodologies to ensure a quality software product.
- Maintains required technical/professional knowledge; keeps abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise; use this expertise to help develop plans and strategies to introduce new technology when appropriate; recommend and develop innovations which enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage.
- Use a structured approach to analyze and resolve complex problems; secures and evaluates relevant data from appropriate sources and trends and identifies key issues and relationships to determine the critical issues relative to a problem; develops effective conclusions and comprehensive recommendations.
- Sets priorities and allocates proper amounts of time to assigned activities. Maintains an awareness of interrelationships among activities. Maintains an organized approach and meets or exceeds agreed upon time and quality standards for end work product.
- Develops alternative courses of action and makes decisions based on logical assumptions and which reflect factual information.
- Develops documentation relative to technical aspects to facilitate current support, development, upgrades, or migrations.
- Builds confidence in the eOriginal organization and the business benefits and integrity of its products and services.
- Maintains the confidentiality of eOriginal strategies, plans and other proprietary information.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent work and course experience in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience developing Java/J2EE software using at least five of: J2EE, JSP/Servlets (or similar), Spring, Hibernate, Struts, FreeMarker, JDBC, Hibrenate, Ibatis, WebServices/WS standards
- Strong experience working with relational databases / Oracle.
- Strong foundation in object oriented methodologies, principles, practices, and modeling.
- Experience to provide backend API’s to front end applications using RESTFul API.
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system.
- Knowledge and understanding of multi-tier architectures.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in UNIX/Linux environments.
- Strong desire to learn real estate and asset based finance, including asset securitization, collateralization, and pledging
- N-tier J2EE environments using any of IBM Websphere, BEA/Oracle Weblogic, or JBoss
- Hands on experience with Model-View-Control Architecture (MVC) based applications (e.g. Struts and Spring framework)
- Familiarity with RDBMS concepts
- Experience building business high-volume transactional systems is a strong plus
- Hands on experience in writing and consuming Web Services (REST, WSDL)
- Experience developing fintech solutions for the banking, mortgage or insurance industries
- Full stack development in a SOA/Microservices environment
- NoSQL Database experience