Kalkreuth Roofing and Sheet Metal is one of the top 10 roofing contractors in the country and strives to maintain a progressive vision for the future. Kalkreuth specializes in complex commercial exterior envelope applications in various markets throughout the country. The company boasts an extensive project portfolio including clients in the automotive, chemical, government, education and healthcare industries. With a wealth of resources and an extensive construction industry network, Kalkreuth has the capabilities to complete any project according to specifications.
Performs work involving application and repair of various types of roofing. Work is performed under general direction with much independence and is reviewed upon completion for conformity with established standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Applies Alternate layers of roofing paper, hot tar and coal tar to a surface of gravel to build up a roof surface; sets flashing and expansion joints; cuts roofing paper, asphalt shingles, and other roofing materials to fit roof corners, pipes, etc.
- Uses asphalt and commercial compounds on overlapping joints; applies and fastens roofing materials
- Inspects and determines leaks on all types of roofs
- Lifts objects and works at high elevations on a routine basis
- Applies thorough knowledge of standard practices, methods, processes, materials, machines and tools of the trade, of construction and use of scaffolding, as well as occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Perform inventory controls for job materials.
- Keep work area clean and assist in making a safe working environment
- Communicate and cooperate with foremen, project managers, supervisors and coworkers
- Preforms related work as required or directed
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects 50 pounds;
- Able to lift, bend and cut sheet metal
- Stoop, crouch, bending, and step over obstacles;
- Working on roofs of tall buildings, sloped roofs, stadiums and general construction sites,
- Carrying and climbing ladders
- Setting up and working on scaffolding;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Good, safe driving record;
- Experience in operating forklift;
- High school degree or equivalent;
- Able to work well with others in a team environment
- Work indoors and outdoors in various types of temperature and weather conditions.
- Work in environment with dust, loud noise and/or vibrations
- Working on substantially high construction sites;
- Performing work where carelessness could result in serious injury;
- Carry and/or lift 50 pounds or more.
- Perform duties at elevated sites;
- Stand, stoop, or walk for long periods of time