Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) isone of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in themid-Atlantic region. More than 2 million customers in Washington D.C.,Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricityand natural gas needs.
We are seeking an HVACTechnician NERC to join the staff at our Washington DC, Forestville, MD or Rockville, MD location. In this role, you will be responsible for theoperation, maintenance, service and installation of building HVAC andmechanical systems.
II. SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
1. Withinthe limits of the required certifications, performs or arranges all tests,maintenance, repairs and replacement of all associated equipment that relatesto HVAC, electrical systems, emergency power systems, fire alarm systems.
2. ObtainHVAC permits as required.
3. Estimatecosts of modifications and or new installations.
4. Providenecessary liaison with Facility and contractor personnel.
5. Reviewand inspect work by contractors.
6. Direct,train and/or assist lower classified employees in all phases of HVAC andelectromechanical work.
7. Performgeneral Facilities work as required.
8. Performgeneral maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practicalskill in painting, carpentry, masonry, lock repair, grounds keeping.
9. Provideassistance during Facility emergencies.
10. Complete all tests, logs, inspections and maintain the necessary documentation to assure that the company is in compliance with legislative, safety, environment and hazardous waste codes.
• High School Diploma or completion of an approvedtechnical training program in the installation, repair and maintenance of HVACor refrigeration equipment OR the equivalent combination of education, trainingand/or experience
• Knowledge of HVAC or refrigerating tools,materials and test equipment
• Maryland or District of Columbia MasterRefrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic License
• EPA Universal Certification
• Experience demonstrating skill performing the following:
o Building maintenance and repair;
o Mechanical operation of heating and air conditioning systems;
o Maintenance and strong troubleshooting of heating ventilation and air conditioning systems;
o Repair of heating and air conditioning systems, and;
o Electrical control devices of a large building or plant facility to program and monitor systems.
• Experience demonstrating skill estimating smallHVAC modifications and or new installation
• Experience demonstrating skill operating equipment (e.g. hand tools, diagnostic hardware, measurement and testing instruments to perform work)
• Experience demonstrating skill reading and understanding complex blueprints, piping, sketches, schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Experience demonstrating skill working from sketches, blueprints and oral/written instructions to make repairs and adjustments on electric, pneumatic and electronic control devices, steam and/or hot water boilers and pumps
• Experience demonstrating effective communication skills orally and in writing
• Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, and software
• Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments including indoors/outdoors in all weather conditions in noisy and dirty environments; in enclosed spaces on or around energized equipment with proper Personal Protective Equipment
• Ability and willingness to perform physically challenging tasks for extended periods of time (for example, bending, twisting,kneeling, crawling, pulling/pushing, standing, walking,climb, lifting up to 50lbs and squatting).
• Ability and willingness to work non-standard and extended hours, rotating shifts, overtime, weekends, holidays and during system emergencies, as required
• Ability and willingness to comply with Federal,State, local and company safety requirements
• Ability and willingness to perform a second role in accordance with PHI’s Emergency Preparedness Guidelines for all employees
• Ability and willingness to travel to various company locations and work sites
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must successfully pass a Criminal History Background Check which consists of a 7-year criminal records check for felony convictions.
• Must successfully pass a Medical Screening to include a Drug Test.
• This position is a NERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years, Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
• Bachelor’s degree in Applied Sciences or related study OR the equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
• Experience demonstrating skill monitoring on a daily basis all heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and making any necessary adjustments.
• Experience demonstrating skill requisitioning materials and supplies from stockroom; calling vendors to discuss needs for parts and supplies; and, recommending purchases and suppliers.
• Experience demonstrating skill monitoring alarmsand follows up on system failures.
PHI is an equal opportunityemployer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate againstapplicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please apply online at