I. PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Operation, maintenance, service and installation of building HVAC and mechanical systems.
II. SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
1. Within the limits of the required certifications, performs or arranges all tests, maintenance, repairs and replacement of all associated equipment that relates to HVAC, electrical systems, emergency power systems, fire alarm systems.
2. Estimate costs of modifications and or new installations.
3. Provide necessary liaison with Facility and contractor personnel.
4. Review and inspect work by contractors.
5. Direct, train and/or assist lower classified employees in all phases of HVAC and electro-mechanical work.
6. Perform general Facilities work as required.
7. Perform general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill in painting, carpentry, masonry, lock repair, grounds keeping.
8. Provide assistance during Facility emergencies.
9. Complete all tests, logs, inspections and maintain the necessary documentation to assure that the company is in compliance with legislative, safety, environment and hazardous waste codes.
High School Diploma or completion of an approved technical training program in the installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC or refrigeration equipment OR the equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Journeyman HVAC License
Universal CFC Refrigeration Certification
Experience demonstrating skill independently troubleshooting and resolving commercial and industrial HVAC systems.
Experience demonstrating skill using tools to perform work (e.g., painting, carpentry, masonry, lock repair, grounds keeping).
Experience demonstrating skill reading and interpreting equipment manuals, modify and correct blue prints, schematics, sketches, and diagrams.
Effective written and oral communication skills.
Ability and willingness to adhere to safety and environmental regulations and policies and to wear and use safety equipment as required by Federal, State, Local, and Company regulations.
Ability and willingness to perform physically challenging tasks for extended periods of time (for example, lifting up to 50 pounds, climbing poles, ladders and scaffolding, bending, twisting, kneeling, crawling, pulling/pushing, standing, walking, and squatting) while wearing required PPE.
Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments including all weather conditions, at extreme heights, on or around energized electrical equipment, alone in remote areas, in confined spaces or enclosed vessels, and in noisy and dirty environments with proper -Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Ability and willingness to work extended hours (including holidays and weekends) with little or no notice and on-call during storms and system emergencies.
Knowledge of PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, and email software.
Ability and willingness to perform a second role in accordance with Pepco Holdings Emergency.
Preparedness Guidelines for all employees.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Must successfully pass a Criminal History Background Check
Must successfully pass a medical screening to include a drug test.
This position is a NERC and FERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC and FERC compliance training.
Grade 3 - Stationary Engineer Certification.