Interested in being part of a top performing branch that is experiencing explosive growth? Looking for a new career in Building Automation Systems Estimating with a company that offers excellent compensation, a great benefits, and more? This is truly an excellent opportunity to join a growing Maryland based team as a Building Automation Controls Estimator. Estimating experience in HVAC controls/DDC systems is required.
Compensation commensurate with experience, in the $85,000 range.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Prepare clear and concise estimates by gathering all necessary information, including prints and specs, and RFI's, defining feasibility of projects and profitability
- Establish and maintain subcontractor and vendor relationships
- Coordinate and verify subcontractor quotations and scopes of work.
- Develop technical proposals and detailed scope letters
- May attend sales calls, pre-bid meetings and site assessments for potential projects
- Call on consulting engineers, general contractors, and mechanical contractors obtaining potential project information vital to future sales.
- Negotiate with contractors in order to strengthen chances of project award.
- Consults with Operations, Engineering and Sales groups throughout estimation process
- Generate preliminary construction schedule
- Attend various meetings throughout project, including hand-off and design review
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong technical background in HVAC control systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Access, Project, Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Capable of reading blueprints
- Good conceptual aptitude
- High School Diploma or equivalent; mechanical engineering degree or equivalent work experience desired.
- Knowledge of HVAC energy management and Building Automation systems technologies and codes
- Proficient in BAS Estimating
- Authorized to work in the US for any company
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- Valid driver’s license
Company provides competitive salary, bonus, excellent benefits, generous PTO, 401K + match with immediate vesting, and more.