Please Complete BFJ Pre-Employment Assessment
Title: Ground Penetrating Radar Technician
Reports to: General Manager
Status: Regular, Full Time, Non-exempt
We are looking for a new generation of self-starters, highly skilled and highly motivated players to join our company. This is your opportunity to rise and lift your career to new heights as you help us in re-building DC’s aging infrastructure. Come be a part of our family, our efficient Lean Six Sigma production philosophy, and our unmatched reputation. Together we can build history!
We are a well-established construction company located in Prince George’s County, Maryland and are seeking an experienced Ground Penetrating Radar Technician to join our team. Joining our company as a GRP Technician is an opportunity to have high visibility in the organization, reporting directly to the General Manager. This opportunity will enable to you gain experience, as well as the opportunity to prosper, develop within the construction industry, as well as participate on committees and in trade associations.
Job duties Include but are not limited to:
- Locating Utilities using Passive and Active Utility Location Techniques
- Structural Reinforcement Location
- Locating Concrete Reinforcement
- Problem Solving
- Working from raised heights of a ladder, scaffold and / or scissor lift when necessary
- Maintaining OSHA Safety Regulation at all times
- OSHA classes provided and paid for by company
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Reporting Findings to Client and via Technical Report Writing
- Solid Experience of Utilities: Sewer, Water, Gas, Electric, Etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1-3 years preferred Utility Location Experience
- Blueprint reading
- OSHA 10 hour required safety classes paid by company
- Solid Organizational Skills
- Pass a Background Check
- Clean Driving Record and Reliable Vehicle
- Pass a Pre-Employment Drug Test, Random Screenings, and Client Site Issued Drug Tests
- Prior GPR Experience and Utility Locating experience required.
- Please note you must have unrestricted right to work in the United States to apply to this job posting.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- A competitive base rate to commensurate with experience
- Paid Time Off: Vacation and Holidays
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Supplemental Insurance(s)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities