Hello jobseeker! We are Freedom Consulting Group. Here, employees have the freedom to spread their creative wings. With a team of experienced leaders and top-tier talent, we’ve worked hard to establish ourselves as the premier technology company serving the Intelligence Community. At Freedom, your brain is always in style.
Category: System Engineer
Title: GIS System Engineer/Administrator
Location(s): Position Available in Maryland
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with appropriate agency Polygraph
Requirements: Immediate OpeningResponsibilities
● Work with customers and analysts to understand and validate GIS requirements and needs.
● Responsible for supporting analytic workflows including publishing map services in a variety of formats, supporting geodatabase workflows, and assisting in supporting customers in complex geospatial analysis
● Responsible for assisting in troubleshooting operations of geospatial tools on a variety of operating systems
● Responsible for performing tuning map servers, geodatabases, big data stores
● Responsible for assisting with designing and implementing high availability geospatial systems
● Create an understanding of developed tools, answer questions and create necessary documentation for new developments.
● Responsible for collaborating with technical leads and development teams on software upgrades
● Responsible for working with the commercial vendor to define enhancements and bugs.
● Responsible for tracking work within JIRA
● Five (5) years of working experience as a GIS System Engineer/Administrator.
● Three (3) or more years of extensive and current ESRI GIS product suite experience.
● Experience in using Open Source GIS tools desired.
● Regardless of formal background, he/she must have a demonstrable knowledge and experience with designing, developing, and deploying GIS-based applications through the web or directly through software application.
● Proven ability to solve varied technical problems; be capable of reviewing technical specifications and requirements for accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives and schedule.
● Knowledge of the Esri suite including ArcGIS Enterprise Server, ArcGIS Online/Portal, ArcGIS Desktop/Pro, ArcGIS Earth, GeoEvents Server, Insights, GeoAnalytic desired
● Have a proven ability to communicate and define complex requirements and have strong oral and written capabilities.
● Must be comfortable leading technical efforts on the design, deployment and support of an enterprise GIS
● Familiarity with Windows and LINUX security policies and how they affect operations of COTS and FOSS tools.
● Experience in performing software upgrades desired
● UNIX and Windows Server knowledge and skills are essential.