Hello jobseeker! We are Freedom Consulting Group. Here, employees have the freedom to spread their creative wings. With a team of experienced leaders and top-tier talent, we’ve worked hard to establish ourselves as the premier technology company serving the Intelligence Community. At Freedom, your brain is always in style.
Category: Software Development
Title: GIS Software Engineer Level 3
Location(s): Position Available in Maryland
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with appropriate agency Polygraph
Requirements: Immediate Opening
Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Twelve (12) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline.
- An additional four (4) years of software development experience on projects with similar software development processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with the customer or stakeholder to define, document, and implement system requirements.
- The ability to create and execute test cases for peer code testing.
Shall possess the following capabilities:
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Experience with the following technologies:
- Geospatial tools and APIs, Strongly Desired
- Windows OS, Required (10 years)
- SQL, Required (4 years)
- Unix/Linux OS, Required (10 years)
- JAVA, C#, .NET or C++, Required (10 years)
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Strongly Desired
- DoJo Service or Similar Technologies, Desired
- Python, Strongly Desired
- HTML, Desired
- CSS, Desired
- JSP, Desired
- AJAX, Desired
- Spring framework, Desired
- JEE technologies, Desired
- Developing Web Services (SOAP and REST), Required (10 years)
- XML tools (e.g., XPATH,XQUERY, DOM,SAX, XSLT), Desired
- IIS, Desired
- APACHE, Desired
- CASPORT, Required
- Public Key Infrastructiure (PKI), Required (6 months)