Deployment and validation of training initiatives; commence training with the appropriate certifications and/or qualifications, maintain training records as required by outside agencies and customer requirements and in-line with sound business practices. Perform quality inspections to validate regulatory compliance and training is adhered to. This will require local travel from time to time, based on the needed topic of training/evaluation, as well as customer demands and internal growth. Training records and reports will be generated on a computer and tracked/submitted to the appropriate personnel. Will lead/participate in all required training. While held accountable for expectations, this person will work with others in the development of a long-range training schedule of topics, calendar, class roster, location, and the development and execution of the training material(s), methodologies and essential topic(s), planning these elements into their work schedule, to meet those expectations. Must be willing and able to deviate from planned schedule to accommodate issues requiring immediate attention. Weekly visits to perform QAQC audits and identify training needs for team members.
For the Gas Division there is OQ Testing required throughout your career.
- Plan and direct classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other computer-aided instructional technologies, simulators, and workshops.
- Provide subject matter expertise through experience, training, and/or knowledge, skills, and abilities to deliver each training subject based on the company’s training material and requirements.
- Validate trainee’s OQ’s through evaluation process including hands-on skills and knowledge-based assessments appropriate to the topic of the training, and/or requirements of the training program/methodology and/or Regulation.
- Meet expectations/requirements of the training curriculum to the individual’s being trained.
- Completion of appropriate documentation of training, certification, and/or qualification derived from the training session(s).
- Visit job sites to perform training and quality inspections.
- Conduct presentations and webinars/remote training.
- Continuously enhance technical training instructional delivery and presentation.
- Maintain employee profile, register new employees, and schedule OQ testing with customer Proctor as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Educational and experience requirements include:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Combination of technical training and/or experience
- Required minimum of 3-5 years experience in similar construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures
- Advanced understanding of construction, cost control and ability to control and supervise groups essential.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
- Testing is required for all employees in the gas division due to the danger of the job, Baltimore Gas & Electric requires all employees in the gas division to have a certain number of OQ’s for each position.
- Technical Trainers are required to have passed 47 OQ tests
- All of the OQ testing is in English. Due to the dangers of working with natural gas, BF Joy is not legally allowed to provide a translator for anyone taking the OQ tests.
Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited, lifting materials and equipment (up to 70 pounds unassisted), standing, climbing, walking, or using hands to operate/handle tools.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- A competitive base rate to commensurate with experience
- Paid Time Off: Vacation and Holidays
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Supplemental Insurance(s)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities